• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What does the FTS do for off trail?

F
Jan 18, 2008
Pagosa Springs CO
While I am a flatlander, I thought this question might be best answered by the mountain guys:

I have a 2011 RMK 600 144 inch. I have replaced all the shocks with WE clickers EXCEPT for the FTS which is original. Sled has 3000 miles on it.

The sled is my "fun" sled for treeline drift jumping and flat land powder carving in SE SD.

Frankly, I have not done anything to the FTS because I don't really understand what it does in my application. I have done a lot of searching and there is not much info on it.

The original shock has no spring tension adjustment. I see the non-RMK assaults' version of the sled in those model years does have it, but no resi and no clicker. Even the pro RMK version has no tension, resi or clicker.

Now many of the newer model high end RMKs seem to have it all, but I am left wondering if that is more about marketing than need, since for many years only a basic shock was included.

There is no servicing the shock I have, so I feel like with 3000 miles I should replace it...but maybe I don't need to? How good a shock do I need to go with? Original oem and call it good or step up to a spring tension or resi/clicker version?

Back to the original question, what does this shock do in my application?

Thanks everyone!

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Fts transfers weight between front and back of sled. No pressure will make it heavy on the skis and steering. The heavier you go will make it lighter on skis a transfer more weight back when under acceleration. Wheelie more and better hook up. Too much and they tend to trench. Too little makes them heavier handling.

D
While I am a flatlander, I thought this question might be best answered by the mountain guys:

I have a 2011 RMK 600 144 inch. I have replaced all the shocks with WE clickers EXCEPT for the FTS which is original. Sled has 3000 miles on it.

The sled is my "fun" sled for treeline drift jumping and flat land powder carving in SE SD.

Frankly, I have not done anything to the FTS because I don't really understand what it does in my application. I have done a lot of searching and there is not much info on it.

The original shock has no spring tension adjustment. I see the non-RMK assaults' version of the sled in those model years does have it, but no resi and no clicker. Even the pro RMK version has no tension, resi or clicker.

Now many of the newer model high end RMKs seem to have it all, but I am left wondering if that is more about marketing than need, since for many years only a basic shock was included.

There is no servicing the shock I have, so I feel like with 3000 miles I should replace it...but maybe I don't need to? How good a shock do I need to go with? Original oem and call it good or step up to a spring tension or resi/clicker version?

Back to the original question, what does this shock do in my application?

Thanks everyone!
The FTS is going to be the shock that gets you up on top of the snow and controls heavy steering or light steering

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
If you are feeling bottoming or harshness in your heels that would from the front track shock.

Premium Features