• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

buddy just got a call from brp... no x for him

S
Nov 1, 2008
Sabin MN
talked with a buddy today and he received a call about his spring sled not comming in from large spring order, said they do not have the motors or parts to make them all, spring order was that big....

is this bull sh!t story or is there truth to it!!

So what are they gonna do for him, wonder what the red carpet treatment is going to consist of.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
he is meeting with the dealer next week to finalize, but he thinks its a grand off of clothing, and be ot the top of the list for next year, bunch of crap if you ask me

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Pretty busch league move by BRP...snowchecks are supposed to guarantee you get a 2011

Instead of an Model "X" i would rather get a great deal on a Model "A".I take everything off the sled and after market it from bumper to bumper anyways.In fact take off the Bumper too!

C

carraway137

Nov 13, 2008
i'm sure brp has enough parts for the motors that they made.. just not enough parts to supply any more motors that they could pump out real quick.

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
Spoke with a dealer a week ago and the issue is that the injectors are not passing BRP's quality standards so the ones that pass are being put into motors, however the company that produces the injectors cannot produce enough in time for the 2011 sleds. He originally told me 60 sled were being cut. He himself lost a etec dealer order and was replaced with a PTEK. It sucks for those who ordered but hopefully BRP will take care of you. I know from personal experience that when I had an issue BRP took care of me.

sledheadd

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
too far from mountains Alberta Canada
HAhahaha what a joke BRP has become, and this is coming from a french Canadian
Seriously I'd be pissed they would be getting me the sled I put money down for, or an X with a doo race motor with warranty.:face-icon-small-hap

K
Oct 17, 2009
I sure feel bad for the guys that sold their old sleds in anticipation of a 2011 etec sitting in the garage. brp should offer some real "red carpet" treatment and sell them a ptek 800 at cost or at least at dealer cost. Perhaps this would eliminate the risk of losing them to another brand.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
So...who has ordered a Etech and been told they will not get it. "a friend said" or " a guy I know" doesn't count. :face-icon-small-win

We're waiting. :lips::musicnote:

N

nuggetau

Sep 26, 2009
Idaho
So...who has ordered a Etech and been told they will not get it. "a friend said" or " a guy I know" doesn't count. :face-icon-small-win

We're waiting. :lips::musicnote:

I have heard of only one guy to actually claim he got the call, I'm sure you saw it on dooootalk.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
'No soup for you! Supply and demand. If you ask me pretty smart of BRP to come up with a trick like this to get everyone to run out and buy all the extra ETECs out there.

W
Oct 29, 2001
Spokane
Still a very chitty and low class thing to do. If I knew a dealer doing that I'd drop them and then do what I could to burn em.

This economy is bad enough so they have to resort to fawking people? Just Wrong!

How is it fawking people to try making a reasonable profit for your hard work? snowchecking sleds is of no financial benefit to a dealer as most dealers are stupid enough to do it for nothing. Sticking your neck out and ordering a few extras is risky and doesn't always pay off. Heaven forbid a dealer make 10-12% net.

Your response is a direct reflection of the poor state of the sled business.

You may as well turn in EVERY doo dealer in north america because they all do it.

Premium Features