• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bogging Issues -- Different RPMS -- <HELP>

BeeDoo

Premium Member
Feb 12, 2008
UT
I know that this has been beat to death, and I've read many of the previous posts regarding bogging, but I'd like to throw this out there to you all for some specific input.

Bought a 2005 M7 EFI 162" this fall. It has 4100 miles, new top end at 3900. Everything on it is stock.

1) Idles great, starts right up. However, sometimes (maybe 1 out of every 4) it bogs down right off idle when I hit the throttle -- so bad that I nearly go over the bars.

This also occasionally happens when I am rolling along at 15-20 and hit throttle, and even when cruising down a road at 60 and hit the throttle.

It sounds like it's getting too much fuel, and it's just not pulling any RPMs.

Other times it runs great, I nail it and take right off, over a jump, through deep snow, etc. Doesn't seem to matter whether I am in deep snow or not, going uphill or downhill. It's very intermittent.

2) After reading, I think I have clutching issues, but I don't really know where to start (I'm not much of a clutching guru). I could take the secondary to the dealership and get it rebuilt.... I could buy new pins/rollers and put back together .. .Change helix? Get an RKTek kit?

3) Or is it some other issue -- engine related, injector related?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
I know that this has been beat to death, and I've read many of the previous posts regarding bogging, but I'd like to throw this out there to you all for some specific input.

Bought a 2005 M7 EFI 162" this fall. It has 4100 miles, new top end at 3900. Everything on it is stock.

1) Idles great, starts right up. However, sometimes (maybe 1 out of every 4) it bogs down right off idle when I hit the throttle -- so bad that I nearly go over the bars.

This also occasionally happens when I am rolling along at 15-20 and hit throttle, and even when cruising down a road at 60 and hit the throttle.

It sounds like it's getting too much fuel, and it's just not pulling any RPMs.

Other times it runs great, I nail it and take right off, over a jump, through deep snow, etc. Doesn't seem to matter whether I am in deep snow or not, going uphill or downhill. It's very intermittent.

2) After reading, I think I have clutching issues, but I don't really know where to start (I'm not much of a clutching guru). I could take the secondary to the dealership and get it rebuilt.... I could buy new pins/rollers and put back together .. .Change helix? Get an RKTek kit?

3) Or is it some other issue -- engine related, injector related?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

Check your clutching and make sure it is stock for starters. Should have a yellow with white stripe in primary and a 36degree helix.

Sounds to intermittent to be clutching. If it was clutching you should be able to repeat it again and again.

Thunder

CB.8

Skidoo hill crew
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
Try disconnecting your throttle safety.
Is your throttle cable adjusted right?
I am sure you have checked this but is your taillight shorted?
Bad plug wire?

BeeDoo

Premium Member
Feb 12, 2008
UT
Checked taillight wiring -- no issues there.

I'll look at the throttle, is it just a cable that can be disconnected?

New secondary on the way as well....

F
Mar 19, 2010
North Dakota
if your throttle cable is a bit loose it causes your throttle lever to be sloppy and easy for the throttle safety to activate. not sure on disconnecting the throttle safety if it's just something to unplug or not

Last edited:
Premium Features