• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Black Hills Group Ride

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
Its gonna be hard to plan anything for the Hills. There could be 5 feet of snow or there could be zero. IMO you have alot better chance at good snow tword the end of Jan and not the end of Dec.

W

wag13

Jun 22, 2008
Spearfish,SD
Im up almost every weekend December 15-April.........so you pick the weekend and you can count me in! :)

Bad Ram

Lifetime Membership
Aug 11, 2008
Box Elder, South Dakota
When you guys pick a date post it up and count me in... am always looking for someone to ride the hills with. Stationed here at Ellsworth AFB so am always ready to ride when not deployed and this is my year to be home!

S

srx_600

Apr 16, 2009
South Dakota
Buddy has a house out there, said we could stay there if he was out of town and as of right now he is out of town. He said he will let me know as the time gets closer. Its in Lead so maybe driving to trailshead..

B
Nov 24, 2008
flatties of MN
the middle to end of jan would work really good for a 1st group ride, maybe there could be 2, or 3! If it works for us, we'd have 4 people 5 sleds, but can hold 7 sleds, only 4 people though. Would be happy to pick up sleds on our way by. For lodging, we'd rather stay between rec and deadwood and just trailer where ever if need be. sometimes the best untouched stuff is closer to rec anyway! And ya can take the trolly to #10 :beer;:beer;:beer;:D

Mountain Maniac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2008
Sturgis, SD
Last year the best snow of the season i experienced was in very late January. But also riding from trailshead over my Christmas break was pretty decent for that time of year. sounds fun by the way

T

twistedtunnel

Dec 6, 2007
sounds to me like a huge group ride we will definately have to split up into groups, it would be crazy with 50 or more people trying to ride together. but we could have a hell of a party at night. maybe we could woop up on some tree huggers.

Top Notch

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Hartford, S.D.
www.topnotchdetailing.biz
I talked with Brad who is the new owner of Rec Springs, If we get enough people to stay there they would probably give us a break on the rooms. He had to check on a few things.he threw out a no. of about 15 rooms for that to happen. We still need to get a date set yet. I suggest leaving Sioux Falls area on thurs afternoon of the 21st of jan, ride the 22nd and 23rd. Then come back on the 24th. If someone thinks going later would be better that is fine with our group also. I could possibly haul a couple sleds out too. Any other thoughts or idea's?

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
that sounds like a good idea, that way we don't gotta trailer every day. and if we can get a discount that would be great too. And as far as dates go, pretty much any weekend works for me.

N

nickPSD

Jan 27, 2008
Sioux Falls, SD
As long as I know far enough ahead of time, im good almost any weekend. i could possibly take a few sleds also. Im in Sioux Falls, so leaving from here works great for me.

C
Oct 12, 2008
Sioux City, Ia
I talked with Brad who is the new owner of Rec Springs, If we get enough people to stay there they would probably give us a break on the rooms. He had to check on a few things.he threw out a no. of about 15 rooms for that to happen. We still need to get a date set yet. I suggest leaving Sioux Falls area on thurs afternoon of the 21st of jan, ride the 22nd and 23rd. Then come back on the 24th. If someone thinks going later would be better that is fine with our group also. I could possibly haul a couple sleds out too. Any other thoughts or idea's?

Wife and i are in for a room! Sounds like fun and hope the freaking temp starts falling.

S

srx_600

Apr 16, 2009
South Dakota
Looks like im going out from Dec. 28th through Jan 2nd snow permitting as well as MLK weekend weather permitting as well.

Top Notch

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Hartford, S.D.
www.topnotchdetailing.biz
So lets figure the dates I mentioned above, our group is going to stay at Rec Springs. Once again, spoke with Brad and they have plenty of rooms open for now for that weekend. we will leave Sioux Falls area in the afternoon on the 21st. If anyone wants to travel out togather let me know. Rec Springs phone number is 1 877-584-1228. Or 605-584-1228. Just let them know your there for the forum ride if you call them for reservations.

B
Nov 24, 2008
flatties of MN
what happend to papa Joe? I know the place wasn't great, but they were always friendly, and that cute lil red head PROMISED she would be there this winter!!! so what's the deal, did joe sell out or what? is the homeless guy/mechanic still gonna have his camper right off the trail?

Premium Features