• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Black Hills Group Ride

I

IowaSnowCat

Dec 1, 2007
Northwest Iowa
Sioux Falls riders

Hubby and I live east of Sioux Falls in Iowa. We would love to go New Years weekend - leave Thursday afternoon/night and ride Friday and Saturday, come back on Sunday. We have new ford truck and 4 place or 5 enclosed trailer and can pick up riders in Sioux Falls to save money (split gas and room). We usually stay at Spearfish Canyon Lodge and get great rates there. PM if interested - we are serious! Love the riding there, we go twice a year and backcountry is where we ride. We know the area well, hubby likes to lead group.

Last edited:

snow_knight

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Black Hills,SD
NEW YEARS IS THE WORST TIME TO COME OUT HERE IF YOU WANT CHEAP ROOMS!!!!..... trust me.. they take a 50-70% or more bump for that weekend..

sledmanhof

Lifetime Membership
Sep 17, 2005
Canistota, South Dakota
i also think renting a cabin would be the nicest way as long as theres a good amount of people to split the cost up.

if this ride is gonna be sometime around new years, i think the 1st through 3rd of jan would work best with me as im gonna be out at togwotee the 26-29 and have to get a day or 2 of work in.

Top Notch

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Hartford, S.D.
www.topnotchdetailing.biz
Hubby and I live east of Sioux Falls in Iowa. We would love to go New Years weekend - leave Thursday afternoon/night and ride Friday and Saturday, come back on Sunday. We have new ford truck and 4 place or 5 enclosed trailer and can pick up riders in Sioux Falls to save money (split gas and room). We usually stay at Spearfish Canyon Lodge and get great rates there. PM if interested - we are serious! Love the riding there, we go twice a year and backcountry is where we ride. We know the area well, hubby likes to lead group.

tried to send a pm your way but says your not recieving them. Thats not very nice of you.:eek:

I

IowaSnowCat

Dec 1, 2007
Northwest Iowa
Cabins work for us too! We have a friend of the family that owns Executive Lodging (www.executive-lodging.com) out there and she has some really nice cabins, I could see what she has available and how much.

Is there a option in my settings I need to turn on to recieve pm's?

We are going to Laramie in middle of Feb so the weekend of new years works best for us to go to the hills if anyone is serious about going that weekend.

I

IowaSnowCat

Dec 1, 2007
Northwest Iowa
Only 3 cabins left for new years weekend (see above post) -

one off of highway 385 that sleeps 9 with 3 bedrooms, $130 per person total for 3 nights that's the Circling Skies cabin.

One overlooking Lead, sleeps 14 with 5 bedrooms, $107 per person total for 3 nights thats the Molly's Follies Cabin.

One 3 miles from deadwood, that sleeps 10 with 4 bedrooms, $128 per person total for 3 nights thats the Elk Haven cabin.

Anyone else have other options?

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
I would be interested in going, and we could probably use the family trailer(not enclosed) 4 place, but we would need something to tow with it.

Also, I would not mind a big cabin as i could bring a inflateable matteress and just use that.

Also, there is a family friend of ours that owns a cabin in the hills just above rec-springs, i can check into the prices there if any should like, only thing is we are gonna want a lot of parking to for all the rigs

Oh, and if i go i would of course split gas/rooms someone else might have to bring the beer though :D so if anyone wants an extra rider for a trip pm me, i am going to try to get out as many weekends as possible this winter!

Last edited:

Top Notch

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Hartford, S.D.
www.topnotchdetailing.biz
What dates are we thinkin about here? Would like to get some plans in gear......

This is what we are waiting for someone to do. so here goes my sug. Seems there will be some of us that will already be in the mountains from christmas to new years, I would like to look at around the 22nd 23rd of january area. That way it breaks up the christmas trip and presidents weekend trip. not saying we need to set those dates in stone, just trying to get a direction going. Looking forward to a fun and good time.

Bubba

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
turkey ridge sd
I agree with going out after the holidays when things have slowed up out there. The middle to the end of january should be good snow by then. We will probably stay in Spearfish, and drive to Savoy to unload and ride from there. Rooms are pretty reasonable there and its only about 12 miles down Savoy. There will be 4 or 5 of us in our group. I would like to do mostly off trails but will have to see how the girls do.
You shouldn't be badmouthing us girls...I have some good pictures that might suggest ole Top Notch needs to stick to the bunny trails. I think you might have out rolled me by 1 or 2 times, I just happen to break more crap. Guess who..... (Homie is going to love it now that everyone thinks he's a girl)

Last edited:

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
21st through 24th sounds good to me. And i would prefer to do off trails stuff, not sure how crazy you guys get, but I've never done a lot of big climbs, but it shouldn't be a probelm as now i have a real mountain sled instead of a 500phazer

S

srx_600

Apr 16, 2009
South Dakota
My schedule looks like it may only allow me to go from Dec 29th-Jan 2nd. Is anyone else able to make it during this time?

Shortstop you wanna get a ride in out there during this time if it doesnt work for anyone else?

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
My schedule looks like it may only allow me to go from Dec 29th-Jan 2nd. Is anyone else able to make it during this time?

Shortstop you wanna get a ride in out there during this time if it doesnt work for anyone else?

I'm actually thinking about going to the mountains with another group during those days, if I change my mind I'll let you know.

S

srx_600

Apr 16, 2009
South Dakota
Sounds good shortstop let me know, regardless ill be out there, if anyone else wants to go let me know, i may have a FREE place to stay!

L
Jan 29, 2009
Rapid City, SD
I have no idea if I would be included in this group or not...but I'll have my sled out here after winter break, so I'd like a ride any weekend after Jan 14th or so.

Any time after that, I'd be flexible. I have no life (college) so I'm not busy.

Premium Features