• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best friend

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Ya , it sucked we where on the list immediately and two of the three girls that the breeder owns did not take, the one that did only had two , that is not normal for goldens and it wasn't our place to even ask , ten is average with her girls.
The breeder is very strict and has rules about who gets her pups. The girls are only allowed to have three litters and are retired , she usually keeps them but sometimes there are special circumstances . The three of these girls are from different lines and the stud service is the same way, no stud does all. She actually wanted to keep Kaizer, thankfully she knows we are good parents and how bad we needed to give him a home .

This one has a nose line, the dab of blood hound is strong in this one and he's already tasted feathers . Some dumb ass pigeon lost a few feathers on a job sight, happened so damn fast and I didn't need some bleeding heart wigging out. I was also impressed at 12 weeks, he had it good with those puppy teeth and wouldn't let go so a few feathers came with .

I really think why the girls where not taking was the stress from people on what's going on . That was not a problem with her dogs . The Golden's we have had dialed into people that where upset and avoided assholes which was actually kind of nice to know when it came to strangers .

Just some Golden Retriever babble.

Last edited:

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
That looks like trouble by the looks of the companion apparatus :)

Nice set of quarters also

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Is that a pure Beagle Mafesto?
She is a mix of Beagle Bloodhound, so a little larger than pure Beagle. Around 55 lbs
Very sweet temperament. EXTREMELY patient with children.
But if I remove the leash, she is pure hound. Her nose goes to the ground and it's as if her ears quit working. At that point, I realize I am in for some exercise trying to catch her!

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
That's a neat mix. Wife's sister had a Beagle that lived with us for awhile...he was super affectionate and pretty hilarious. But you had to watch the bugger....he would escape the fenced yard and follow his nose off in to the sunset lol. He figured out how to push the button to roll down the car window at will. Ate a pair of sunglasses. Was always entertaining!

Golden pup looks great too....only a mild amount of better judgment is holding me back from a 2nd dog in the family while my boys are still young lol

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
My oldest has developed Masticatory Muscle Myositis.
Lock-Jaw by any other term.
The muscles in her face have all dissolved..
Poor baby can barely open her mouth to eat.
Vet put her on Massive doses of Prednisone daily and its starting to help.
But her face looks like she is STARVING to death.
Totally caved in everywhere there should be muscle.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
That’s too bad! How long has she been on the pred for? Is that disease something fixeable, or do they mitigate it and she lives with it?

We’ve been dealing with an auto-immune (DLE lupus) disease with our dog for awhile, and have had a lot of experience with the ins/out of prednisone over the past year. It’s a very effective but somewhat complicated drug in my experience. If it’s a new thing for you/her I might have some useful info

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
My oldest has developed Masticatory Muscle Myositis.
Lock-Jaw by any other term.
The muscles in her face have all dissolved..
Poor baby can barely open her mouth to eat.
Vet put her on Massive doses of Prednisone daily and its starting to help.
But her face looks like she is STARVING to death.
Totally caved in everywhere there should be muscle.
We had a setter with that disease. She came back, and lived to be almost 15.

Premium Features