• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowest member and snowmobile performance pioneer, Brad Story, has passed.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
It is with great sadness that I share this.

The family of Brad Story has announced his passing due to an airplane crash in Alaska. Brad was known throughout the snowmobile world for his extreme riding in the Thunderstruck videos.
He became known though, maybe infamously, for his innovative approaches to modifying snowmobiles.

Brad actually would unload his sled and pop the hood of his truck to pull the turbo off his Cummins and stick it on his Rev so he can go riding. He built the first turbo Rev.

I think he was also known for a few stunts. Didn't he base jump a sled out of an airplane?

I met Brad a few times, sometimes just bumping into him at the trailhead.

Rest in peace, my friend.

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Just a few inside details.
Brad is not dead, though he is gone.
Brad is an organ donor and they are keeping him alive on life support as they search for Organ recipients.
he crashed HARD flying his homebuilt aircraft and suffered massive brain trauma.

BRAD STORY​

Brad Story

Birthday: April 8
Hometown: Liberty, Utah
Favorite riding areas: Steep and Narrows or anywhere with great snow
Favorite food: Smashed breakfast sandwich or a great cheesecake
Favorite music: Classic Rock
His SLEDs: Polaris Pro RMK Turbo, M12T, both in the works
Pastimes: Adrenaline junky, Making Debbie (his wife) happy
Quote: “Live your own life to its fullest and all else will take care of itself”

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Brad has been a very adventurous person and set the bar high! He did things in Thunderstruck that still haven't been duplicated.

He's also walked away from other plane crashes in the past!!

Here is a report.

received_2610367239098205.jpeg

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Rode with him in Revelstoke for final sequence in first Mountain Mod Mania video. Very nice guy and willing to share knowledge on his Cummins turbo Rev he was riding at the time. He did the sled skydive soon after that.

wrtmani

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell, Mt
RIP Brad, thanks for showing us the impossible is possible (with a little help from something turbocharged!)

Prayers and condolences to his family and all his friends and fans.

Him and Krazy are on the ultimate moutaintop together...

God Bless , Brad! ???

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
The sport lost a true legend.

He did tons of amazing riding, massive ascents, etc but his tech knowledge and experimentation pushed the world of turbo 2 and 4 strokes ahead miles as well.

Met him numerous times at trade shows and movie premiers. Always super friendly and helped share a bunch of information about the propane Yamaha's to help me with building my own which was pretty incredible as a college student who was fairly new to the sport. He definitely inspired a Lot of things I did and looked up to for years.

Premium Features