• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Engine Mod to M8?

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Hi, are you getting away using a BDX box with the SLP pipe with no fuel controller?

I was wondering if that was ok?

I'm looking at RX TeK porting.

C

colorado logger

Dec 4, 2007
south fork co
fuel controller

Hi, are you getting away using a BDX box with the SLP pipe with no fuel controller?

I was wondering if that was ok?

I'm looking at RX TeK porting.

No controller for me 09 m8, BDX box, SLP pipe. Checked wash , looks good. Air temp. about 20 deg. above. We ride starting at 10,000, mostly arround 12,000'. My only concern is when the temp. drops down around 0. According to my wash I have a little to spare. Allso considering head, maybe cyl port, and then would have to do fuel controller?

arcticman31

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Colorado
No controller for me 09 m8, BDX box, SLP pipe. Checked wash , looks good. Air temp. about 20 deg. above. We ride starting at 10,000, mostly arround 12,000'. My only concern is when the temp. drops down around 0. According to my wash I have a little to spare. Allso considering head, maybe cyl port, and then would have to do fuel controller?

Better leave er at that Logger!! You can barely hang onto the darn thing now!!!LOL:D sorry im bored, slow day at the shop couldnt resist!!

bikeman sells sells exhaust valve spacers for under 20 bucks, shims up exhaust valve, makes them act like there opening faster and dosen't sacrifice bottom end like the bdx deletes. it provides exellent midrange punch. that and a d&d shift assist for the driven spring also under $20, both big gains for alittle money. just my .02 cents

S
Feb 12, 2008
Soap Lake, WA
I seen the RKT Head advertised as a 15HP gain with stock exhaust. That is about the gain I feel I got with the pipe and intake mod yet lost weight and heat as well. The 40/36 Helix helps and shift assist. But I Still miss the torque I found in my old KIngcat. I thought maybe a head but I still want to run pump gas.

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
I seen the RKT Head advertised as a 15HP gain with stock exhaust. That is about the gain I feel I got with the pipe and intake mod yet lost weight and heat as well. The 40/36 Helix helps and shift assist. But I Still miss the torque I found in my old KIngcat. I thought maybe a head but I still want to run pump gas.

Gear down. It helps the bottom end feel alittle more snappy! You wont get that ol 900 feel from this 800 the torque just aint there!

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Depending on what elevation you ride at, an aftermarket head can make a huge difference. Obviously, the higher the elevation, the bigger the difference. AC left quite a bit on the table with their stock head design to meet emisions with the quad plug head. The squish is way off from where it should be to make the most out of the motor. There are a number of places that can modify your stock head for a reasonable price. Dakota Performance is one that I know and would reccomend. My .02

scmurs

B

boosted1

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
RKT 15hp kit

I installed the RKT 15hp kit on my 2009 162" snopro M8, gave me 2 consistant sled lengths in a drag race.
prior to the kit install my nose was right on my buddy's 163 XP rear bumper, 3hrs later his nose was at my rear bumper...wicked comparo
Yes very happy, i pull the cord and go, no boondocker box hassles
oh and yes this thing EASILY out climbs that same XP when up in the mountains.
Next...is the RKT secondary...if I can only figure out how to do it! lol
I run from 2000ft to 9000ft with this sled...if i cant mod without fuel mods...it wont be done!

B

J
Jan 1, 2008
Eastern Or.
I would havet to say that the port job that I had done by WSM was the best mod I have done. Running an air box, V- Forece 3 reeds, y pipe and can, with the stock pipe. Ran waaaay harder after the porting!

R
Jul 16, 2008
RK tech head

if you have an SLP single pipe and can set up and you want to run the RK tech head do you have to run race fuel or does premium do the job .. also do you need a fuel controler?

Last edited:
R
Nov 30, 2007
if you have an SLP single pipe and can set up and you want to run the RK tech head do you have to run race fuel or does premium do the job .. also do you need a fuel controler?

I run both SLP pipe set and RKT head, and do not have to use race gas. I run 98 octane, 0-3000ft. Give RKT a call, he will make the head for your specs and altitude. I run a fuel controller, but others don`t, so it may vary from sled to sled.

MUZBOMB

Lifetime Membership
Aug 15, 2008
Albeta sometimes Saskatchewan
What is the BDX box intake like? If you have a Y pipe, can but a stock pipe and go with the BDX intake do you need to run a control box? Also what is Strightline Performace Y pipes like?

MUZBOMB

Lifetime Membership
Aug 15, 2008
Albeta sometimes Saskatchewan
Hey, not to change the subject but Muzbomb how do you like your Bid Dog barker can? Its one of the only can's that doesn't loose HP, but is it annoyingly loud??

I love it no bogging with it so far and it is awsome cause it is load:D Sounds like a Harly bike when it is just sitting idling:D It was worth the money.:beer;

L
Mar 19, 2009
Already have BDX Intake With SLP Pipe. What other mod to compliment this package-a head, bore kit, or just nitrous would give more bang for torque?

Sell all the junk and get a 400 puma engine to drop into it, will love it:D
Cant seem to figure out why mine wont make it more then 5 feet up the hill though:confused:
If i pull repeatedly on the recoil i get another few inches

Last edited:
Premium Features