• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

24 850 NA Build

A@ron

Premium Member
Apr 16, 2017
Wisconsin
Send your shocks to TRS to get them re-valved.

Diamond s silencer and skinz hood drops 20lbs off the front of the sled.

Billet throttle block, stock is junk and freezes up

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Hey Teth-Air,
Are you running turbo or NA? Also what track length? Should longer tracks (165") use lower gearing and shorter tracks (155") use higher gearing given the same power plant.
I am getting a Boost 165 this season and have a 23 NA 850 165 KHAOS. The longer tracks would be better geared lower generally, but there are many factors to consider. E.G. altitude and track choice. Higher altitude and heavier tracks warrant gearing down more. Now here is where I give opposite advice to most when it comes to turbos. The Boost has more power and is less affected by altitude but suffers from heavy clutch weights and has partially blocked exhaust due to the turbine, so what does that do for initial accelleration? This makes the sled doggy compared to a NA with lighter weights and free flowing exhaust. So if you are tree riding with a turbo why not gear it down so the sled has a chance to get on boost at lower ground speeds? This also reduces the starting load for the motor to get the sled moving. Too many guys try to get more track speed by gearing up. That only works if the clutch has already completely shifted out. A mountain sled is not going to do 80 mph on a climb so there is no way the clutch will hit full shift when clutched properly.

stcatman

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
cottonwood idaho
I shouldnt even open up this can of worms but you could put a boondocker with black actuator on it and maybe you wont want the boost , maybe the 24s wont have the problems the 23s had , my 2 buddy's with 23 boost watched my khaos boondocker run flawless all year while they worked on theirs and they said hmm , maybe we should of done that

R

Reddragon800

Feb 26, 2013
Hey Red dragon correct me if I am wrong but isn't Kurt's pulley ratio 2.09 which is like putting Pro gears in. I think the 2.37 Kurt's advertise is final ratio not pulley ratio. So a QD2 with a pulley ratio of 2.33 is lower than Kurt's 2.09
Kurts 29/69 is 2.38 ratio, 22/50 is 2.27 QD2. Math makes it easy to understand. There is no need to adjust for driver diameter for final ratio if your using the same drivers.

Premium Features