• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

B&M FABRICATIONS SAFER FOOT WELL HOOPS

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
Bolts through the tunnel.

5e95b84dd78096cd0e6a43b9f9d66466.jpg

0274f06faa584d6028042960798df63c.jpg

0ad6aa1b6f96ad7314cf0fa07cfff270.jpg

Last edited:

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Does this require you to loosen the track to install?

I can't remember if the 2 bolts that hold the over structure to the tunnel were connected together on the back side or not.

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
155 for the pair with all the hardware, shipped in the US. Canadians will have add a touch for shipping. Hardware will be grade zinc plated 10.9 for in the tunnel and zinc plated grade 8 hardware for the billet machined clamp. Won't do stainless hardware due to it's aluminum threading problems that it will create if not anti-siezed before threading. You will have to at least loosen the track tension and wrestle this out -

30d4d50553a7b372a0f808784643711d.jpg

Replace the lower bolt with this -

881ef60f895e582bdd6b1f6c74baab34.jpg

And reinstall.

They will be on the store Monday morning and shipping all week. If we run out, we will fast track getting more parts here yesterday.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
155 for the pair with all the hardware, shipped in the US. Canadians will have add a touch for shipping. Hardware will be grade zinc plated 10.9 for in the tunnel and zinc plated grade 8 hardware for the billet machined clamp. Won't do stainless hardware due to it's aluminum threading problems that it will create if not anti-siezed before threading. You will have to at least loosen the track tension and wrestle this out -

30d4d50553a7b372a0f808784643711d.jpg

Replace the lower bolt with this -

881ef60f895e582bdd6b1f6c74baab34.jpg

And reinstall.

They will be on the store Monday morning and shipping all week. If we run out, we will fast track getting more parts here yesterday.

That's the piece! Wrestle is the correct word to get that out! Gotta loosen that track all the way and get someone to push the track as far up possible, might be really hard to do with a longer Luged track. Or push the track down in the skid as far as possible and reach in above the track from the opposite side.

So once that's out, you cut the top bolt off and reinstall it?

B&M Fabrications

SnoWest Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Aug 3, 2011
North Branch, MN
www.bmfabrications.com
Pound the bolt out of the hole and replace. Done. Loosening the track and pulling it down is probably going to be the easiest. I have to drag a complete sled here this week and get a quick install done on it. Every sled we keep here at the shop seems to end up in pieces and not get put back together again until 10 minutes before we get to ride.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Jesus. Just looked at this on the desktop....Holy huge pictures! Sorry about that. No idea how to resize.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Looks great on mobile!

Just to be clear your saying you reuse one of the bolts that are connected together by pounding it out of the strap?

What about backing that bolt
Up when re tightening it?

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Looks great on mobile!

Just to be clear your saying you reuse one of the bolts that are connected together by pounding it out of the strap?

What about backing that bolt
Up when re tightening it?

(I must have taken too long to type my reply)

I believe he is saying; (Correct me if i'm wrong) you reuse the stock upper stud and the connecting strap, you insert the provided new bolt in the lower hole (after removing the lower stock stud) and the strap becomes it's washer.

As easy as it is to drop the rear suspension (four bolts), I would think doing so would save the installer a lot of time and choice words. I think, I would leave the sled flat on the floor, pull the four rear suspension bolts and lift the rear bumper with a strap towards the ceiling, letting the suspension stay in the track and pull the tunnel up and away from it.

As the hardware you need to access is directly above the front arm, anything less will be a chore unless you are a circus contortionist and even then it may prove futile.

With a good mechanical background a decent familiarity with your sled. One should be able to complete the install in about an hour or two (if including some BS / adult beverage time).

My $0.02 FWIW

Last edited:
E

Esh

Feb 5, 2014
Ordered mine today, looking forward to not thinking "oh crap" as you realize you are locked in for a wild ride.

Premium Features