• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys “stop ride” notice!

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Got a new notice from Polaris. This one is pretty extensive and involves every mountain sled made since 2016! Don’t ride or start your matryx or axys as it my spontaneous combust! At least on the cat the only thing that blows up is the clutch, not the whole sled. I would imagine for them to recall every axys ever made there must have been some pretty serious problems

930C6C02-2BCB-42DD-83AE-E5EF00AD6221.png

Griff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Got a new notice from Polaris. This one is pretty extensive and involves every mountain sled made since 2016! Don’t ride or start your matryx or axys as it my spontaneous combust! At least on the cat the only thing that blows up is the clutch, not the whole sled. I would imagine for them to recall every axys ever made there must have been some pretty serious problems
Interesting that they tossed fuel quality into the equation. Static electricity is always a concern with plastics and vapors. I'd say Polaris rubbed someone at CPSC the wrong way. Would like to know 'the rest of the story'.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
From what I saw, this affects 230,000 snowmobiles! Can you imagine the overload at dealers with sleds waiting to get fixed.

B

benamen

Feb 21, 2008
Western Canada
Just wondering what a person has to do to get on a repair list. I purchased a 2017 Axys used in January and not sure how to ensure my sled will be taken care of.

Sent from my SM-G991W using Tapatalk

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Talked to my dealer about this.

They have 2023s sitting waiting for the fix for this. And the clutch bolt too.

They are likely going to prioritize the 2023s, since they cannot deliver those to customers without the fix in place. People who have sleds already can at least choose to ride them at their own risk.

gtwitch

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
Laramie, Wyoming
Have 2- 2018 AXYS 163 800s and a 2022 Matryx Boost in the stable here and got called to bring the two AXYSs in on This Thurs for the fuel pump issue so should be ready when snow gets here.
gtwitch in wyoming

Elkaholic4life

Twin Peaks
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2013
Portland, OR
Have 2- 2018 AXYS 163 800s and a 2022 Matryx Boost in the stable here and got called to bring the two AXYSs in on This Thurs for the fuel pump issue so should be ready when snow gets here.
gtwitch in wyoming
That's interesting. I have a 2018 AXYS 800 also. It's been about 4 weeks ago I called my dealer, They told me Polaris didn't even have a fix for my year yet. I am 3rd on the list when they get whatever parts though

Ex-Flit

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
North Branch, MN
update, on Dec. 7th I took my sled in for the driver and anti ratchet update. They said they wanted to get that done while they had parts and have me come back in Jan. to have the fuel tank recall done. So, after about a week they called and said sled was done come and pick up. when I got there and looked at the paper work it showed 2 recalls completed, so I went back in and they told me they got some parts in for the fuel recall and did mine while they had it in. Lucky for me! So keep checking with your dealer.

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
Done some searching and haven't been able to find out what the fix actually is. What r they doing?

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Premium Features