• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022-23 Stop Ride: (Merged threads)New “stop ride” from Polaris

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020

Maybe they should’ve gone over how to adjust the lever position, lever throw and blatantly obvious removal of your parking brake….. before they said pretty clearly, why the over heating happens and what can be done to avoid it….

Before they’re lawyers freak out and go through all this??‍♂️

Sad, but at least there is a stop ride fix for all those waiting for there 23’ sleds, well most of them?

bcsnowdog

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
frank mountain bc
Great they can finally fix brake issue .I'm still waiting on fuel clip repair on 22 and sock. I know of pre 22s having fuel clip recall done.Anyone getting fuel recall done other than new deliveries.

Last edited:

jeremyp111

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2009
New Hampshire
Great they can finally fix break issue .I'm still waiting on fuel clip repair on 22 and sock. I know of pre 22s having fuel clip recall done.Anyone getting fuel recall done other than new deliveries.
I've got an appointment to get it done on Tuesday. Should I keep the appointment or ride it as is? I'm still debating...

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

H
Feb 7, 2018
My history of Matryx Brake issue:

Acquired 2022 Matryx Khaos snowcheck December 21. Fourth sled. I average about 1000 miles of mountain backcountry riding/season now. Never had a brake issue on past Axys or Ski Doo Summits. I am relatively mechanically inclined and do a lot of work on my own and friends sleds.

By the end of my first day riding it, noticed a strange very faint high pitched whirring whining sound on deceleration, independent of engine RPM etc just correlting to track speed. Couldn't figure out what it was. Like very tiny RC plane from far away. "reeds" "Quickdrive" "clutch harmonics" People and dealer on the phone had various theories nobody thought it could be a brake problem. New Chassis new sounds maybe?

Sled felt *very slightly* laggy and sluggish to rev and accelerate during break-in but otherwise seemed to run and brake fine, not warnings/lights etc.

Around 400 miles I discovered that the outboard brake caliper piston was seized, all the of the volume was being pushed to inboard piston, and it had worn the outboard brake pad all the way down. NO especially loud sounds or other indications of this happening. This caused the inboard piston to push the rotor outward to the point that it was literally grinding into the caliper, the rotor was actually dished concave.

Call dealer. Confirmed this is an issue. But there no parts in stock. No brakes can be taken off of other sleds. No ETA on brake parts. It's snowing, sled runs, brake still "works". Keep riding, we'll deal with it later, there's nothing that can be done anyway.

Eventually ETA on brake parts availability in JULY. Keep riding this POS with unobtainium brakes.

Season ends, keep deck on truck, dealers are backed up with fuel system recalls.
July- Brake parts finally come in stock, take sled to dealer for brake and fuel warranty work.

Open warranty claim with dealer.

POLARIS DENIES WARRANTY CLAIM ON BRAKES. SAYS THERE ARE MULTIPLE COUNTS OF APPLICATION OF BRAKES AND THROTTLE SIMULTANEOUSLY.
At this point I would like to point out that I ride tight trees on steep angles regularly, and that using brake to keep your sled on edge and reset the front end after front end lift is regular, standard mountain riding technique. I did it on other sleds without issue, and even MORE so on my 21 Khaos Axys 155. If you watch Burandt, Justin Cowett, etc, they do this and it is part of technical riding, period. I even see their screens flashing red for brake application with thorttle too, so I don;t want to hear anymore "you're just riding it wrong" BS. This is what we buy these sleds for, and what they are supposed to do, period. If you don't use brake side hilling, sorry but I don't value any argument against this very much, especially if you can't slowly right sidehill slowly in control through tight trees. I'm starting to think some of the Polaris engineers don;t understand this.

Dealer tried to help by splitting repair bill with me. $700+ /2. I told myself if this bill costs me more than my deposit on my 23 Boost I am bailing on it. Barely came in under not including my time, fuel, and inconvenience of having to keep my sled deck on until July.

Get new brake. Try to be extra gentle on it. BY END OF THIRD DAY 22-23 SEASON, IT IS MAKING THE SAME SOUND OF THE BEGINNING OF FAILURE, RUBBING!

FALL: POLARIS ACKNOWLEDGES THERE IS A BRAKE ISSUE, ISSUES STOP RIDE/RECALL, ON THE EXACT SAME ISSUE THAT THEY DENIED MY WARRANTY CLAIM ON!

This week: Polaris Issues a REFLASH for a physical brake failure issue! It's like a sticker for a gunshot wound, completely irrelevant for a PHYSICAL failure.

Also this week: Put deposit on Lynx Shredder RE turbo, picking up next week. Extremely close to forfeiting my 23 Boost, which has the same brake.

I am not enthusiastic whatsoever to spend $23,000 on a Boost with the same brake and a "warranty" that proved to all but worthless to me on my 22. Oh yeah the 23 Boost still has no ETA but at least the REFLASH is a quick cheap fix! IMO It's just lube for the @$f*cking they're giving us.

At this point I feel that my relationship with Polaris is with a toxic partner who is a 10 I am undeniably attracted to and love to ride when things are going well, but ultimately does not work out and is more trouble than it's worth. I don't maintain romantic or business relationships like that, so I don't have time to waste in the backcountry with that kind of nonsense either. Life is too short to ride sleds that are like a paper and aluminum kite held together with bubble gum and empty promises.

Bye Polaris, hello again BRP.

PS Polaris your accessories suck too.

Last edited:

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
My history of Matryx Brake issue:

Acquired 2022 Matryx Khaos snowcheck December 21. Fourth sled. I average about 1000 miles of mountain backcountry riding/season now. Never had a brake issue on past Axys or Ski Doo Summits. I am relatively mechanically inclined and do a lot of work on my own and friends sleds.

By the end of my first day riding it, noticed a strange very faint high pitched whirring whining sound on deceleration, independent of engine RPM etc just correlting to track speed. Couldn't figure out what it was. Like very tiny RC plane from far away. "reeds" "Quickdrive" "clutch harmonics" People and dealer on the phone had various theories nobody thought it could be a brake problem. New Chassis new sounds maybe?

Sled felt *very slightly* laggy and sluggish to rev and accelerate during break-in but otherwise seemed to run and brake fine, not warnings/lights etc.

Around 400 miles I discovered that the outboard brake caliper piston was seized, all the of the volume was being pushed to inboard piston, and it had worn the outboard brake pad all the way down. NO especially loud sounds or other indications of this happening. This caused the inboard piston to push the rotor outward to the point that it was literally grinding into the caliper, the rotor was actually dished concave.

Call dealer. Confirmed this is an issue. But there no parts in stock. No brakes can be taken off of other sleds. No ETA on brake parts. It's snowing, sled runs, brake still "works". Keep riding, we'll deal with it later, there's nothing that can be done anyway.

Eventually ETA on brake parts availability in JULY. Keep riding this POS with unobtainium brakes.

Season ends, keep deck on truck, dealers are backed up with fuel system recalls.
July- Brake parts finally come in stock, take sled to dealer for brake and fuel warranty work.

Open warranty claim with dealer.

POLARIS DENIES WARRANTY CLAIM ON BRAKES. SAYS THERE ARE MULTIPLE COUNTS OF APPLICATION OF BRAKES AND THROTTLE SIMULTANEOUSLY.
At this point I would like to point out that I ride tight trees on steep angles regularly, and that using brake to keep your sled on edge and reset the front end after front end lift is regular, standard mountain riding technique. I did it on other sleds without issue, and even MORE so on my 21 Khaos Axys 155. If you watch Burandt, Justin Cowett, etc, they do this and it is part of technical riding, period. I even see their screens flashing red for brake application with thorttle too, so I don;t want to hear anymore "you're just riding it wrong" BS. This is what we buy these sleds for, and what they are supposed to do, period. If you don't use brake side hilling, sorry but I don't value any argument against this very much, especially if you can't slowly right sidehill slowly in control through tight trees. I'm starting to think some of the Polaris engineers don;t understand this.

Dealer tried to help by splitting repair bill with me. $700+ /2. I told myself if this bill costs me more than my deposit on my 23 Boost I am bailing on it. Barely came in under not including my time, fuel, and inconvenience of having to keep my sled deck on until July.

Get new brake. Try to be extra gentle on it. BY END OF THIRD DAY 22-23 SEASON, IT IS MAKING THE SAME SOUND OF THE BEGINNING OF FAILURE, RUBBING!

FALL: POLARIS ACKNOWLEDGES THERE IS A BRAKE ISSUE, ISSUES STOP RIDE/RECALL, ON THE EXACT SAME ISSUE THAT THEY DENIED MY WARRANTY CLAIM ON!

This week: Polaris Issues a REFLASH for a physical brake failure issue! It's like a sticker for a gunshot wound, completely irrelevant for a PHYSICAL failure.

Also this week: Put deposit on Lynx Shredder RE turbo, picking up next week. Extremely close to forfeiting my 23 Boost, which has the same brake.

I am not enthusiastic whatsoever to spend $23,000 on a Boost with the same brake and a "warranty" that proved to all but worthless to me on my 22. Oh yeah the 23 Boost still has no ETA but at least the REFLASH is a quick cheap fix! IMO It's just lube for the @$f*cking they're giving us.

At this point I feel that my relationship with Polaris is with a toxic partner who is a 10 I am undeniably attracted to and love to ride when things are going well, but ultimately does not work out and is more trouble than it's worth. I don't maintain romantic or business relationships like that, so I don't have time to waste in the backcountry with that kind of nonsense either. Life is too short to ride sleds that are like a paper and aluminum kite held together with bubble gum and empty promises.

Bye Polaris, hello again BRP.

PS Polaris your accessories suck too.
Very well stated, hopeful PI will figure this out as I feel strange on a Doo but might have to learn to “get used to it”.

H
Feb 7, 2018
Very well stated, hopeful PI will figure this out as I feel strange on a Doo but might have to learn to “get used to it”.
Yes, I do love how my Matryx rides, when it's running properly and not at the dealer or with its front end apart in my shop or in the backcounty. Polaris sleds made me a better rider and I think: learn to use BRAKE to control the sled more than just throttle and steering.
BRP will never be comparable and both have their downsides but at this point one canlearn to adapt to a sled, even if it may require different technique, effort, timing or even line choice.

Unless you are a hardcore chute climber/drag racer, most mountain sleds are not like a drag car where it's acceptable to have it fail or to rebuild it after every few passes at a stripfor the sake of moments of optimum performance. It's more like a survival tool in the backcountry to me first, a toy second.

In the end it is all about the sled that RUNS RELIABLY, LASTS, gets you home each ride, and KEEPS YOU OUT THERE RIDING AND SMILING vs cursing at it in the BC, at the dealer, or in the garage, or nonexitstant/waiting.

Trading in my M16 for an AK47 if you will.

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
Yes, I do love how my Matryx rides, when it's running properly and not at the dealer or with its front end apart in my shop or in the backcounty. Polaris sleds made me a better rider and I think: learn to use BRAKE to control the sled more than just throttle and steering.
BRP will never be comparable and both have their downsides but at this point one canlearn to adapt to a sled, even if it may require different technique, effort, timing or even line choice.

Unless you are a hardcore chute climber/drag racer, most mountain sleds are not like a drag car where it's acceptable to have it fail or to rebuild it after every few passes at a stripfor the sake of moments of optimum performance. It's more like a survival tool in the backcountry to me first, a toy second.

In the end it is all about the sled that RUNS RELIABLY, LASTS, gets you home each ride, and KEEPS YOU OUT THERE RIDING AND SMILING vs cursing at it in the BC, at the dealer, or in the garage, or nonexitstant/waiting.

Trading in my M16 for an AK47 if you will.
Agreed, will see how the brake issue effects my 9R as I am used to using brake and throttle resetting track and maintaining control. Polaris sleds have treated me fairly well for the 12 years I’ve been riding them. Doo’s were not any more reliable (maybe less) when I rode them for many years prior to throwing a leg over poos. Time will tell where we go with this, many on the 22’s did not have the problem so it will be interesting seeing how the bulk of the sleds hold up. They all have issues:(:(

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Has anyone heard about the reflash for non 7S sleds?
They have it for the 23s just not the 22. Personally I wouldn't get the flash for the 22. It's not needed. Only reason you might be forced to have to get it is because if you have to do anykind of flash to help with fouling plugs then they will have to put the brake fix on your sled.

R
Dec 29, 2022
Utah
They have it for the 23s just not the 22. Personally I wouldn't get the flash for the 22. It's not needed. Only reason you might be forced to have to get it is because if you have to do anykind of flash to help with fouling plugs then they will have to put the brake fix on your sled.
Unfortunately I bought my sled brand new in October and was working out of town. The weekend I was coming home to pick it up, my local dealership called me and said the new stop ride was issued. So it’s still sitting at the dealership ? I would have never sold my 2020 Axys if I’d of known this was going to happen

H
Feb 7, 2018
Yeah that's a bummer Redrum. I just sold my Axys, which was a solid, reliable sled just because it's the cleaner one without any issues I can sell in good conscience. But now I am supposed to wait for a reflash, if I ride it without it, my entire "warranty" for the sled will be void. I guess it's a good thing I have a Lynx on the way because otherwise I'd be saying eff a warranty or losing days riding with it at the dealership. I think it will be sitting there while I break in the Lynx.

Meanwhile I ordered a third caliper, Axys MC, and will be putting on the ZRP rotor. Hopefully that will help. First sign of any issues with the third brake and it's going up for sale and I'm done with Poo though.

V
Feb 20, 2021
bozeman mt
Have a 2023 rmk kahos might blow up if you start it. Throttle might stick wide open . And if you grab the brake to stop it might burst into flames. Looks like polaris has a winner here . And all for the low price of 17,600$

Last edited:

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Have a 2023 rmk kahos might blow up if you start it. Throttle might stick wide open . And if you grab the brake to stop it might burst into flames. Looks like polaris has a winner here . And all for the low price of 17,600$
You sit on the sidelines safe, while you watch us take chances and have a fun fulfilled life ?

Premium Features