• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yet another stop ride....

T
Oct 16, 2017
This one seems like an April Fools joke. Regardless, I guess my next sled is a Lynx or Skidoo as this is absurd. Don't issue a stop ride for something that hasn't changed in a decade ffs.

Polaris Industries Inc. is issuing a Stop Ride notice to affected owners of Model Year 2022-2023 MATRYX PRO RMK and MATRYX RMK KHAOS snowmobiles because the handlebar hooks pose a puncture hazard and risk of serious injury should the rider’s body impact the handlebar hook during a crash.
Our records indicate that you are the owner of a Polaris Snowmobile with VIN SN1TFG8R3NC828313 affected by Safety Recall S-23-01.
Polaris is currently evaluating a repair for this concern. At the time of availability, Polaris will notify dealers and reply to you by mail (and email). This work will be performed by your dealer at no cost to you. Polaris has informed the Consumer Product Safety Commission about the issue.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
This one seems like an April Fools joke. Regardless, I guess my next sled is a Lynx or Skidoo as this is absurd. Don't issue a stop ride for something that hasn't changed in a decade ffs.

Polaris Industries Inc. is issuing a Stop Ride notice to affected owners of Model Year 2022-2023 MATRYX PRO RMK and MATRYX RMK KHAOS snowmobiles because the handlebar hooks pose a puncture hazard and risk of serious injury should the rider’s body impact the handlebar hook during a crash.
Our records indicate that you are the owner of a Polaris Snowmobile with VIN SN1TFG8R3NC828313 affected by Safety Recall S-23-01.
Polaris is currently evaluating a repair for this concern. At the time of availability, Polaris will notify dealers and reply to you by mail (and email). This work will be performed by your dealer at no cost to you. Polaris has informed the Consumer Product Safety Commission about the issue.
The matryx hooks are different than the axys, pro, dragon hooks.

Less material hanging down.

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
I would really like to see their explanation on why they've never addressed the real safety issue with the throttle lever icing up and sticking partially open. How this is not a bigger issue than handlebar hooks? Stop ride to keep handlebar hooks from poking your leg but nothing to stop your sled from cruising off a cliff or into a tree with a stuck throttle. WOW!!!

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT

I got pounded by my boost last year. Flipped it over backwards and didn't have it turned. I was going to part ways but thought i could hang with it and land it on its side. Realized that wasn't happening when too late. Handlebar hook tore my lochsa and put a nasty gouge in my arm that took a couple months to heal. Had a big lump on my thigh and it knocked my helmet off. My buddy seen it happen and asked if i was alright. Then he started razzing me about not buckling my helmet. I told him that's like telling someone they should've wore their seat belt after going through the windshield. A little late for that.
I thought this was my fault. Now that i know it's polaris's fault they should buy me a new onsie.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
It’s Polaris.
Shareholder value collides with indoctrinated lawyers. If people would only identify their sleds by the proper pronouns, we could avoid these issues.
Has anyone tested bubble wrap or foam wrapped sleds?

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Better recall and stop ride for the Khaos... it can flip over onto the rider and cause death.

News flash folks, snowmobiling is dangerous.

What's next? The track can spin fast and cause injury if you touch it? Recall to slow track speeds?!

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Photo proof of puncture wounds or it didn't happen.

Premium Features