• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022-23 Stop Ride: (Merged threads)New “stop ride” from Polaris

J

JDHSKI

Nov 17, 2022
MT
Anyone have a whining fuel pump again after the sock has been replaced? Both our 22’s just started making noise after putting a couple hundred miles on since the fix.

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
Anyone have a whining fuel pump again after the sock has been replaced? Both our 22’s just started making noise after putting a couple hundred miles on since the fix.
Shoot! I have an NA and I could have sworn I heard it whine again on Sunday but I dismissed it as being paranoid. Now I'm not so sure ...

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Shoot! I have an NA and I could have sworn I heard it whine again on Sunday but I dismissed it as being paranoid. Now I'm not so sure ...
Do you ride with any Doo riders? I have heard some whining when they get those beasts stuck. ;) Seriously, my buddy has a 2020 that is on his 3rd fuel pump due to whining so this goes back before the new socks were a thing.

My friend's 2022 850 Pro-RMK Matryx had the brake start riding on it. He thought the sled was just running poorly. We would drag race and my 2022 Khaos Matryx 850 would smoke him every time. Eventually the sled would top out at 6900RPM. Brought it to the dealership and it needed an entire new brake system. Everything. Took forever to get the parts. I made a video of it. You can see the RPM shoot up to 8200 and then back down to 6900. Anyone else have this happen to them? He's lucky he didn't have a fire.

R

rmk8001

Oct 27, 2008
The caliper is 100% the problem mine started dragging. I took the caliper off and lo and behold the inner piston would not retract. There was white grease on the piston as well as behind the piston in the caliper. The calipers were assembled poorly from the get go. I took the caliper from my 18 and guess what I now have brakes that retract and work properly. The flash is a bandaid the fox is the caliper.TRS discovered the same issue and repaired it and now has brakes that work as well. The new lever and master cylinder are not the problem as suspected. It is poor assembly of the calipers

We were wondering if we could shave down the lever a bit so it’s not making contact with the brake switch, to avoid engaging the ECU Brake warning when just resting/ covering the brake lever with your finger. If the problem is the caliper (which it is -New Caliper and Rotor for 2024) then will we get it as a recall?

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
We were wondering if we could shave down the lever a bit so it’s not making contact with the brake switch, to avoid engaging the ECU Brake warning when just resting/ covering the brake lever with your finger.

This won't work, as the lever releases the switch when brake is engaged. If you file that contact away, the brake light will always be on, and the ECU will see it that way too. Just pull the brake fuse if you want to disable the brake signalling.

If the problem is the caliper (which it is -New Caliper and Rotor for 2024) then will we get it as a recall?

I doubt it. That would mean admitting another problem and issuing another recall, not something they'll be keen to do.

Premium Features