• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Assault to Pro front end conversion question...

M

mt.aero

Nov 14, 2011
Steamboat
As the title states, I'm planning on going to a 39" wide Pro stance on my '11 Assault. SPI '11-12' Pro arms and Evol shocks. I've done a lot of reading on the subject and found a couple guys say that the Assault sits higher in the front end than a Pro. Besides going narrower, am I messing with the geometry of the sled by potentially lowering the front of it? Can't seem to find any facts about this.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
As the title states, I'm planning on going to a 39" wide Pro stance on my '11 Assault. SPI '11-12' Pro arms and Evol shocks. I've done a lot of reading on the subject and found a couple guys say that the Assault sits higher in the front end than a Pro. Besides going narrower, am I messing with the geometry of the sled by potentially lowering the front of it? Can't seem to find any facts about this.

if it does lower the front, only geometry change would to be lift the front arm mount in the tunnel to the pro rmk hole......holes already half there, just need to finish drilling it out.

M

mt.aero

Nov 14, 2011
Steamboat
if it does lower the front, only geometry change would to be lift the front arm mount in the tunnel to the pro rmk hole......holes already half there, just need to finish drilling it out.

Good point, hadn't thought about that.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
We are having spindles machined to narrow the front ends by one inch on either side. Should be ready for sale mid March. Sorry no pricing yet but no changing tie rods and you still get full motion of your suspension.

On my 2015 Pro 163 I now run at 38" wide and really like it.

Chris

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG

Premium Features