• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ARO 137 INSTALL ON A 2020 KTM 450 XCF QUESTIONS

Klutch

Premium Member
Dec 9, 2007
Installing the above with the suspension strut, as it sits installed the way the strut came from factory, the seat is sloping downward toward the front. And when letting the bike down of the lift, the back of the track touches the ground a lot sooner than the front. I see there is adjustment on the heim joint on the end of the strut. Is there a rule of thumb for this adjustment? The instructions mention nothing.

Also are you guys having to trim the air box a fair bit on the ktm?

Thx.

IShartd

Premium Member
Nov 30, 2007
Alpine County, CA
Installing the above with the suspension strut, as it sits installed the way the strut came from factory, the seat is sloping downward toward the front. And when letting the bike down of the lift, the back of the track touches the ground a lot sooner than the front. I see there is adjustment on the heim joint on the end of the strut. Is there a rule of thumb for this adjustment? The instructions mention nothing.

Also are you guys having to trim the air box a fair bit on the ktm?

Thx.
Fitment table for your bike as a 2019 has the length at 13”5/8 eye to eye for the tss. Be a good place to start. Consult the TS website, fitment table is there under “resources”.

Klutch

Premium Member
Dec 9, 2007
Yes thx. Forgot about those measurements. It lists 12 7/16 for mine. The 13 5/8 is for EXC's.

The shock was set long, almost at 13". Set it to 12 7/16. Still seems long tho.

H
Oct 27, 2016
Billings, MT
I have a 2018 137 ARO with the TSS on my 2019 450 XCF. I ran the timbersled intake and cut quite a bit of the air box out. Basically all that was left was what holds the airbox cover. I read somewhere that the factory intake boot runs better. That's what i'm gonna try this year. I'll start over with a new airbox and just cut the bottom out for snow to escape. I have no idea what my TSS length is.

Premium Features