• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic cat lineup pretty lame and disappointing!!!

S

Sno Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
Maybe cat just figured "intermediate" riders should just stay on ski-doos and poo's. When they grow up and want to go to the top, then they can buy a Cat.

Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Exactly. There is no "intermediate" in this lineup (like, the kind of sled most guys who don't know better buy their wives!), it's just an underpowered pig & two strong sleds.

Are people REALLY going to buy that POS non turbo 1100? I don't see why it's even in the lineup.
Don't get me wrong, I'm stoked to run the T1100, but a 120 hp sled that weighs well over 500... who is the buyer for that? (aside from some idiot who doesn't know better, like the people who buy stock yamahas)

LOL!! That's funny stuff!

After 6 great years of the M-series I find it a bit odd they dropped it 100% and kept the current F-series for some models. Maybe they should have brought back the M7 for every one's wife's!!

I also don't see a 800 NON-SP short track in the new chassis, I only see it in the current F...maybe I missed it?

S

StrobsM8

Nov 27, 2007
Why would that be? Is one not allowed to voice their opinion? Why is it when someone is just stating their opinion someone like you has to post and try to make trouble, guess you must have nothing else to do. lol

Got to put down other's opinions to feel better about yourself I guess. Now that is lame!

Got something constructive to say say it or shut up!:loco:

I guess Insane was voicing his opinion and you jumped him. And from what you ride, do you really care about stock sleds? I'm just surprised how many people are jumping cat on their 2012's, wow! Cat has had the most reliable mountain sled since they released the M and I doubt that if they didn't feel this sled wasn't better they wouldn't have released it but the bottom line is making money so time will tell about the new sleds.... My money is they won't disappoint!

R

RCR3

Nov 14, 2009
Lava Hot Springs, ID
WELL IF NO ONE LIKES THE LINE UP I BELIEVE THERE ARE '11 HOLD OVERS OUT THERE SO THERE ARE NEW M6,M8,M1000s WITH WARRANTIES SO GO BUY THOSE IF YOUR NOT HAPPY WITH THE CHOISES IN FACT THERE ARE HOLD OVERS AT SOME DEALERS AS FAR BACK AS 07s IN SOME MODELS ALL ARE NEW MOST STILL IN CRATES!:nod:

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I have no bone in this what so ever other then i have considered going to a cat...but I am amazed by 90% of those posting, on one hand you have guys saying that it is junk...on the other you have guys swearing its the second coming..honestly, I think none of you have an honest clue what it really is and wont until average joe consumers get time on them...and the reports show up on the forums....but to say either that it wont work or that it beats every sled out on the market....thats a bunch of crap...as to how it compares to the etec and the pro rmk, who knows,but that wont be decided until next season most likely....I think everyone on here needs to think before they hit the submit button, and show the same respect you wish others would show to you...

I

IceCap

Nov 27, 2007
B.C.
I think the new cat line up is very good. I like that they pushed the envelop and have some great ideas.

What is lame is their weight and no demo rides!

W

wasatchcomm

Aug 17, 2009
Pinedale wy.
i love the look of the new sleds, but im glad to hear all this dissappointment, it makes my 09m8 worth that much more, i better sell it before you guys start riding these 12's!!!
cat i'm sure has done their homework, i'm sure they will run very well...

FreeAgent

Lifetime Membership
May 28, 2008
Arctic Cat DID have a 600 class but it DID NOT meet emmissions. Now they are scrambling hoping that what they did release will have to do.I think that might be why they did a NON turbo M1100.

Yes there is a NON SP M8 153 :)

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
I'm actually stumped by the non-turbo, also. Unless they figure this is the sled people will by to throw an aftermarket turbo on and spend some money modding.

You need to remember that 70% of the people on the hill cant ride worth a crap and there pretty much trail riding / never get out of the main areas. They just like to putt around and are there for the experience.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
Arctic Cat DID have a 600 class but it DID NOT meet emmissions. Now they are scrambling hoping that what they did release will have to do.I think that might be why they did a NON turbo M1100.

I said short track if you read closer:) I don't want one even though I'm stuck in WI. I'm happy with my two M's I just checked Cat site again and I swear it changed since yesterday? The old F800 is gone and the XLR is on there but it's $100 more than a SnoPro.

Last edited:
J

Johnmaster

Feb 21, 2009
Mukwonago, Wi
www.johnmaster.net

Exactly. They could have spent a ton making a new 600 that meets emissions in time as well but I think they kind of have their hands full with making all new awesome sleds in all three major categories. The 1100 they are already making bolts in without any trouble and should run great with low maintenance, the market they are mainly shooting for with those sleds is the rental shops, who don't really care about weight. Not as many individuals will pony up for a brand new 600 mountain sled as will rental shops who buy them like cordwood.

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
I'm hoping we will see a lot more two strokes in the line up next year and that this years heavy 4 stroke line up is just a stop gap till all their 2 smokes meet EPA.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I know they have been testing a m1000 also and up until a month ago it was still being tested and they may still be testing, So I guess the epa got the best of them. But it is pretty dam dumb when they make it look different and must have some ridiculous engineering into those a arms, WTF. These motors have been around for how many years and they can't pull there heads out far enough to have developed a DI motor. Out of all the things we have been asking for the only thing we got was redesigned motor mounts and they took out the DD. Looks like the same junk clutch, no DI, no 2.5 track or a 85 duro 162 PC. and a bunch of other little things. Its like they built the sled 3 years ago and just road it for 3 years trying to make things work and adding weight to make it tough, instead of changing it so it could actually be sold, they f'd up a little on the 1st m1000 and never did correct it, if they would have they would have sold twice as many.

I believe the new sled will be the chit (i hope) but I would have put money down on a new chassis m1000 HO. I will wait to ride one now.

Backcountry - that POS 4 stroke I bet is for emissions, if they sell enough maybe you will see a mid year release on some other models, they don't all have to meet emissions they just have to average out. But I agree.

Theres a bunch of hype about the new .26 ton 1100T (anything that weighs more than a 1/4 ton should not be classified as a mnt sled IMO) but a m8 starts at about the same HP (it will go farther because it 100lbs lighter) at see level so if your cheap by one of the cheap turbos for $3000 and on 5-6lbs at 10000ft your still going to have the power and 100lbs less, I would rather ride a stock M800 then become a fat a$$. Over the past few years with T sleds we can climb anything and have gone in the trees and its not about who can go the highest is about the line, find a line or make one, way more fun then climbing, the only thing going to make that better is a better setup and lighter weight not heavier and more power. unless something changes I'll be on a new 8T, right after I ride one.

I think the 1100 is going to flop worse than the m1000 ever thought of.

Last edited:

harf69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
im dissappointed in the weight of the new cat i like the idea but i know for a fact you cant make a 4stroke anywhere near the weight of the PRO.I think im just going to keep my 08m8T and pick up a 800 PRO for the wife anyone wanna buy a classic 05M6 and a 06M6 now that they are a collecters item lol

S

StrobsM8

Nov 27, 2007
so... YOU'RE the one who's gonna buy that non turbo 1100 then??:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-win

Just checkin.:face-icon-small-ton

btw, just to be clear... that 120hp class sled just gained well over 100 lbs.

Kaleb, I never said that all classes won't disappoint, just that the new chasis won't. Not 100% sure on weights, but I'm pretty sure Yamaha has sold a FEW mtn sleds over the years that have had about the same hp but alot heavier than the non turbo M1100. Either way, those won't be for me but maybe a few people are looking for that.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Backcountry - that POS 4 stroke I bet is for emissions, if they sell enough maybe you will see a mid year release on some other models, they don't all have to meet emissions they just have to average out. But I agree.

So with the EPA then, does it go based on total number of machines sold, or is it the percentage of the lineup?

IE: if they create a machine with low emissions, but they sell only, say 13 of them, does it still accomplish the goal, or do they need that machine to be a certain percentage of the total units out?

I just don't see people buying the N/A unit for only $2300 less. (I'm sure that gap will widen in reality though)

Premium Features