• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Apex Rear Suspension Question

D
Aug 1, 2008
Hello fellow snowesters,

I was hoping to tap into all of your vast knowledge :)

I have an 06 Apex mtn, I'm a fatty (275), I got a lot of bottoming out last year
I need to replace my track (and pull my broken exhaust shield) I was wondering what you all would recommend I do for my suspension (I can't afford getting an EZ-Ryde or similar)
I was thinking of maybe getting stiffer springs, if they make them, and perhaps better shocks to install while I'm under the tunnel

What would you all recommend and where can I get it?

Thanks for the advice

Cheers,
~Dan

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
What I had set up work really well last year.....Have the heavier springs, a rear gas shock from the Venture MP, and I have a set of anti bottoming rubber stops for the rails...they basically bolt to the rail under the spring...when the suspension compresses the spring come in contact with the rubber bump stops and keep it from bottoming...The Gas shock made a big difference.....If your interested in any of this stuff I have it all for sale in the swap meet section with pictures...going with a timber skid.....I was probably 280-290 with all my gear on and never bottomed out...

Last edited:
T

tard

Nov 28, 2007
im no spring chicken either, did the spring and stops as well, but I sat on a timbersled skid I installed , and my question is do I need to get the fox floats valved stiffer for the timbersled I have on order?

Premium Features