• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone have pics of the cat pro mtn boards

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Anyone have pics of the arctic cat pro mtn boards? Also what are your thoughts about them?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
If your talking about the tubular ones with the little plastic traction cleats, I had those on my '14 the last few years. I liked them. The only complaint I had was that wetter snow would occasionally stick to the plastic cleats on the cross bars and ice up. I pulled the plastic grips off and ran screws like some of the other boards for a while but got tired of constantly replacing screws and went back to the plastic grips. I'll probably go with bdx on my '20 because the grips are built into the tubes so no screws or cleats to add.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
If your talking about the tubular ones with the little plastic traction cleats, I had those on my '14 the last few years. I liked them. The only complaint I had was that wetter snow would occasionally stick to the plastic cleats on the cross bars and ice up. I pulled the plastic grips off and ran screws like some of the other boards for a while but got tired of constantly replacing screws and went back to the plastic grips. I'll probably go with bdx on my '20 because the grips are built into the tubes so no screws or cleats to add.
Ya those are what im talking about, i was looking at the bdx ones but i wanted the charcoal color.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
I got to say I'm disappointed in the fact that Cat with held a "decent" running board to sell it as an after market accessory as to being factory....

That said I have a Pro RMK with the CR RACING running boards on it and I love them, my opinion of course but of all the ones out there I found them to be the best, strong and never packs snow in at all. *if* I was to do running boards on my alpha It'd be theirs again.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
Ya those are what im talking about, i was looking at the bdx ones but i wanted the charcoal color.

As far as fit, build quality, and overall function the cat boards were great. just that occasional issue of ice on the plastic, but that really wasn't to bad. I've also wondered how the billet boards cat sells work, but haven't really seen much talk about them.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
As far as fit, build quality, and overall function the cat boards were great. just that occasional issue of ice on the plastic, but that really wasn't to bad. I've also wondered how the billet boards cat sells work, but haven't really seen much talk about them.
Is it a flat plate against the tunnel? I had bmfabs on my axys, you would be supprised how much ice built up on the tube against the tunnel

bkm20x

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Arnolds Park, IA
Put them on my 18 Mt Cat, I really like them plastic cleats have held up well and provide good traction with out destroying my boots or bibs. I had BMFAB boards on my 14 and liked those also. Since I snow checked my 18 and had cat cash it made the decision easy for me to try the pro mtn boards

cat boards 1.jpg cat boards 2.jpg cat boards 3.jpg

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
I had these. They are okay. I was surprised how much snow they held. Stock holds less. I used the screws to hold the plastic cleats on instead of the rivets which helped make them not as slick but honestly If I did them again I would probably run just screws because I think the plastic holds snow. Definitely preffered my BMFab I had before but the price on the cat boards was nice.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
Is it a flat plate against the tunnel? I had bmfabs on my axys, you would be supprised how much ice built up on the tube against the tunnel

Yes, flat against tunnel as the pics above show.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
You can cut the tunnel flat, but leave tabs to rivet the boards up through the bottom. I had to grind some welds on the bottom to get them to sit totally flat. Used screws on the edge rail and plastic cleats on the center bars. Mine were the first generation and they build ice in certain conditions. Especially the first few behind the footwells where underhood heat can play a factor. Newer generation plastic cleats might be better? They are made in China if that matters to you. Have a very slight bow in them now after two seasons. I'm a big guy, jump, and hammer the trail though so take that into account. My first gen BDX boards never bowed after 3 seasons. I'll probably do B&M or the Cat extruded boards on my next build.

My install pics on my proclimb post 99 and 100: https://www.snowest.com/forum/threads/rumor-cat-is-making-skinny-boards.416331/page-5

eldereldo

Lifetime Membership
Feb 23, 2014
I found in west coast snow that it would stick to the plastic, however I just started spraying them with some silicone and then they were fine.

Premium Features