• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone have and use attac?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Debating whether to get it. I don't even use qs3 after first initial adjustment. Definitely not crawling under my sled to lockout. Just would rather ride. I just thought, maybe, if it was easy.

B

Bernoulli

Feb 6, 2023
MN
I know guys with trail sleds that have it and they use it all the time, constantly adjusting it depending on trail conditions/speed. I too wonder how nice it'd be the deep stuff!

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Our group discussed this today, about a dozen alphas, none of us adjust once we found our preference, ataac or qs3.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Our group discussed this today, about a dozen alphas, none of us adjust once we found our preference, ataac or qs3.
Exactly where i was at with qs3. Tried all and set where I liked it and rode. Probably not going to stop at a hill and go wait, i have to lock out my shock. Tried to tell christopher this when he was googly eyed about quick disconnect swaybar link. Wait I've got to disconnect this before i go off trail. Wait i have to put this back on before i go down the trail.
I did have the auto adjust on my 19 alpha from snow and ice. Lock my shock out. Heading out i told my buddy this thing sucks on the trail. Finally stopped and asked him if my suspension is even moving. Finally figured it out. Never had lock out before.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Yea, I guess I’m lazy too and hate stopping to turn the clickers on my QS3’s. The attac (like the fox iqs) are great if you actually use the them. Being able the lock out the rear shock on the handle bar control while riding is really nice.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I adjust my QS clickers and Kmod coupler block multiple times a day depending on the terrain and snow conditions. So I would welcome the option via handlebar switch.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
I worry about the durability/reliability of having more electronics and wires running down to the shocks. It may be a non issue, but cats have always seemed to be temperamental to electrical issues. As to the qs3 adjustments, I pretty much just leave all 4 on number 2 other than when the rear shock switches itself to lock out in more dense or crusty snow.

PaddleTracker

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I have it on my alpha M8 and like it. When we're climbing I'll set it on lock and have gotten good at hitting the unlock button when turning out. Had a 2019 and tried the locker, but who wants to crawl under the sled and monkey with an iced over switch. The controls are wonky on the handlebars and take a lot of getting used to. You can set suspension all soft, medium, firm, or customize with driver one or driver two. I have driver one set with soft front, firm rear and run that in powder, driver 2 firm front and soft rear for smooth trails where I want to limit leaning. It's also nice because our trails can vary a lot and it's nice to adjust on the fly. I did have an issue with a shock and had to send it to Fox. Overall it's like any tool... If you are going to use it then buy it.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
If ya always ride same places with same people don't bother. I would get it myself. My sled is on its side for adjustment a few times per season, and usually spend half the ride thinking I should adjust this for what were doing here, but don't wanna stop and get cold. if it was at push of a button that would be sweet.

Premium Features