• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022 polaris evo rmk

J
Oct 30, 2023
Ct
Hello!!

we picked up a used 2022 EVO RMK, with about 1000 miles on it. When it’s running, it seems to run really well, however, there are a couple issues.

The display screen seems to be intermittent at best. At idle, it is very seldom present, and sometimes it will even cut out while riding. The other issue is, after riding for a couple minutes, when you bring it back to idle, it’ll stall out. sometimes it will restart, but it will just continue to run rough and stall at idle.

My first thought was a voltage regulator, or CDI. However, after doing some research, I saw some posts with slightly older Polaris models, where it might be a relay. There used to be two near the exhaust crossbar, that controlled both the display and the exhaust valves. Seems like that could definitely be it as well! I ordered the service manual to get the wiring diagram, but the only piece of the manual that wasn’t included in my shipment was the wiring diagram, so I am waiting on that.

in the meantime, any thoughts? Am I on the right trail? Seems like relays are a weak point on these machines. Thank you in advance.

Premium Features