• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any chance to buy 165 9R PRO somewhere?

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
I know these were snowcheck only, right? So probably slim chance to find one off the floor, but just curious ;-) In my country only 155 Khaos available and I want a 165 PRO.
Going to order Iceage rails and convert to 165 with PRO limiter strap, but before I pull that trigger wanted to give myself a last chance of buying a 9R 165 in the US

reading other threads it seems the 9R were not shipped yet and due to some clutch issues nobody knows when it will ship, keep in mind I need 2 months to bring the sled over here from the US

thoughts?

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
Order one for next year. By the time you get one tracked down and imported you're likely out of snow season
I hope next year this model will be available in Europe, so no need to import from the US

and for this upcoming season I have no sled, I trashed my axys bulkhead by hitting something under snow, so I am forced to buy whatever is available and let me be clear that a 155 Khaos is NOT the sled of my dreams :)))) Converting it for this season is going to approximately cost me around 3000 USD, not funny at all

C
Dec 14, 2020
Well, if you need to buy rails and a track at least you can get the track that best suits your conditions.

Or put a bulkhead in your axys. If you have the skills and some tools it's not all that hard, just time consuming.

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
I did change bulkhead once on my pro rmk in 2015, it was not that hard but took me a lot of time - I do not have time for that, not to mention that I already sold this trashed axys with broken bulkhead, so my only option is to buy a new sled

So we can only buy here a 155 Khaos 9R, and this is what I ordered, and I am going to upgrade the track to 165. But since it will be a lot of effort too, and clearly it is better to just buy the sled that I want, hence I asked here if it would be possible to buy the 9R 165 non khaos sled. This post is a last resort before pulling the trigger on buying the 165 track

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
Swapping to a longer track is an evening project after work. If you can secure a 155 I’d pull the trigger on it and get the track and rails coming.
yes I did that before, I mean I swapped track it was easy

but I am more concerned about Khaos, which I never liked. I hope I can tame it with the limiter strap

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..

but I am more concerned about Khaos, which I never liked. I hope I can tame it with the limiter strap
Considering that the limiter strap is the main difference………

I think you can stop dramatizing “how much it costs” or how disappointed you are……

Just buy the sled, change the track, ride it, adjust the shock springs and clickers, ride it some more………..

C
Dec 14, 2020

You can always soften the front track shock, stiffen the rear, and take a lot of lift out of it.

Do pro rails with anti-stab, and you'll have it tamed quite a bit to start with.

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
You can always soften the front track shock, stiffen the rear, and take a lot of lift out of it.

Do pro rails with anti-stab, and you'll have it tamed quite a bit to start with.
I am in contact with Iceage, they are saying they have the same rails for khaos and PRO
also if using original drivers, the anti stab kit is not necessary

sounds about right ?

C
Dec 14, 2020
I am in contact with Iceage, they are saying they have the same rails for khaos and PRO
also if using original drivers, the anti stab kit is not necessary

sounds about right ?

My bad. I was thinking they offered 2 bends. Must have been thinking axys.

glowa

Lifetime Membership
Oct 11, 2014
Europe
I purchased today 165 track and Iceage rails. I figured with the unknown delivery date of US sleds, and the time needed to export the sled to EU, it will be better to just stay with my EU order

Premium Features