• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

And then there were 2...

05M7

Jan 2, 2008
i was on the anti proclimb banwagon last year until edge motor sports let me demo one,now i own one :face-icon-small-hap awsome chasie,every sled has its pros and cons.you dont need to worry about cat they will be fine:face-icon-small-win

Exactly!

Also suzuki isn't done with cat. Cat still has suzuki designing their motors. But they are assembled in St cloud.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

glassman

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2003
Hinton, Alberta
These kind of threads are awesome. Some guys cant take a joke, or are so brand loyal their judgement is clouded. That is why guys like blowholebeeler have such a great time on these forums, it is easy to get under the skin of the loyalists. The OP was simply stating some pretty hard to deny facts. Personally, if I had put down some of my 'hard to come by these days' cash on a less than my expectations sled, I wouldn't want to have it rubbed in my face either. Each brand has had good years and bad years. They have all built lemons, and as a consumer we are forced to make lemonaid. Shi..y for sure, but I wouldn't give it up for anything...

M

MNSnowCat

Apr 13, 2009
MN
I love my Cat, but our group has everything (except doo, eww!) and each person likes what they ride. Some have 4 strokes, some 2 strokes and we all get to play!

05M7, (and this is OLD news, announced in June 2010):

MINNEAPOLIS, June 10,2010 - Arctic Cat today announced that it has entered into an agreement to transition its snowmobile engine manufacturing from Suzuki Motor Corporation.

Arctic Cat will begin manufacturing some of its own snowmobile engines in St. Cloud, Minn., after the 2014 model year. Currently, Suzuki supplies all engines for Arctic Cat's snowmobiles. Suzuki will continue to supply the company with engine parts to service existing engines after the 2014 model year.

Commented Arctic Cat's chairman and chief executive officer Christopher A. Twomey: "Suzuki has been an outstanding engine supply partner for more than 25 years and remains a significant shareholder in Arctic Cat. However, we are changing our engine strategy in order to gain more control over our products, and enhance our ability to meet regulatory and performance requirements. This also will enable us to better utilize our current engine manufacturing capacity, resulting in potentially better costs."

shadow conspiracy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Quesnel, B.C.
I think the thread should be what ever sandman owns is the best not and then were down to 2. Getting sick of all the bashing on the site lately. Cant even get away from it in your own brand sections. Maybe we could start a section just for the brand bashers? Ride what ya got and have fun.

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
If you guys only knew what is coming next year, your jaws would drop...

Nuff said, stay tuned.......

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
If you guys only knew what is coming next year, your jaws would drop...

Nuff said, stay tuned.......

This statement is true! I have a lil birdy telling me secret stuff for next and nots better hold on to your panties it's gonna be beyond words

Sent from my super duper sweet iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be doing something productive!

akstormin

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2008
Eagle River, AK
Ohh, I would really like to believe all this and I do hope its true...But I'll get excited and buy-in to it when I see it for myself. Seems like this rumor happens every year.

Rocky

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Yamaha has something NEW???? Maybe it will be like back in 97 and the lighteweight triple Mountain Max/SX lineup... last time I was excited about them and bought a Yamaha..

Would be happy for them if they did raise the bar! Such great quality.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Only way they will drop my jaw is if they cloned the engineers from the late 70's and changed corporate policy to allow engineering expenses to be shared with other departments.
2 years of testing and no spy pics? Poor marketing IMO lol.
Maybe Japan has found a way to work around the world economy and profits are not that important anymore.

I heard Yam will start requiring motorsports dealers to order musical instruments to get a couple of these new industry shakers

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I'm not saying this to be a smart azz or mean, but Yamaha is currently nothing more than "lapped traffic" in the boondocking segment.
A quantum leap for them would possibly get them back on the "lead lap" with the others.
I cannot imagine them leap frogging the others in a single season, hope I'm wrong though!

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
OH this tread just got funny!!! you all have this top secret info on next yrs yammis and are not even going to lie about it.. WTF come on your all joking, LMAO!!!!
Let me gues Yammi will come out with a two cylinder four stroke!!! :jaw:

Oh and new chassis OPPPPssss did I say to much LOL!!!!

Well they better do something if They will need to be competive in the average market. IMO
One more thing these sleds are made from the factory to be usable for the genral public some what, so anybody can get on them and do some power turns in a few trees, or climb a slightly tall cut bank and feel comfy. there not being built for the hard core rider. there is way more of them than there are of us.. Each brand has its place for the public on the snow..
But im just talken, and ive been wrong once before!! enjoy everyone snow is on the way!!!

Last edited:
Premium Features