• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutching my 24 850 khaos 146 with 2in track for West Yellowstone

M
Dec 1, 2020
Since there's no snow in MN I'm planning on heading to West Yellowstone at the end of this month to finally ride my new sled. It has the low elevation clutching in it right now. I was looking at the clutching chart for 7-9k ft and it seems I'd need to change weights, primary spring, helix, and the secondary spring. So basically everything.

Would I be able to get away with just changing the weights and the primary spring or do I absolutely have to go all out and do the helix and secondary spring too? I don't really want to drop $600 on parts I'd use maybe once a year. But I will if necessary. Thanks!

czimpel

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 7, 2012
I would say it depends on your riding style and what you are comfortable with. The biggest thing is to try and get your target RPM in range from what it is supposed to be at. Weights should get you there. I believe 8000-8100 is the RPM the 850 likes.

Last edited:
C
Dec 14, 2020
I'd have weights and a few springs.

Our snow sucks this year, it's sugar, with a crust and a little powder on top. So if you stay on top there's not much for deep powder, and if you punch through into the sugar it's light and no load.

So you can probably get away with a lot, although that may change as we're supposed to be in the 40's next week and all the snow is going to get heavy.

Premium Features