• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Am I the only one?

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Centerpunch a tree or rock with a M enough to crack the airbox. Seems like we were duct taping and zip tieing a M airbox three or four times every year. When you gotta carry a little hand drill to make it easier to zip a box up, there's a design issue. Pros do have some chassis weaknesses, does look like poo is trying to make the design better. They've all had some impact weaknesses.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
so if they weigh about the same,the new axys wont go any higher on the hill than a
pos skidoo xp.?

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
Are you guys still arguing about how high you can climb straight up on a sled Snowmobiler?! ha ha. These sleds can all climb as high as any of us ever should, but its how they handle and go through the snow that matters.

and we all know the XP was a POS in the handling department. I had my 09 XP down to the bone and it felt heavier than my previous M1000! The Pro and now Axys are light years a head in weight, build quality, and actual ridablity. I don't even own a sled anymore (moved to bikes for now), but i wouldn't ride anything but an Axys if i were to buy a sled right now. I sure wish they built better motors though, maybe this new engine will be different? I hated my Pro motor. Worked good enough, but just felt weak and poorly designed (funny vibs). Never broke though and I road the chit out of that sled. I also felt the clutches could have been better quality and lasted a bit longer. At 1000 miles they needed rebuilding, primary especially.

B
Oct 31, 2010
Finally picked up my pro, the snowcheck model looks way Better than the in-season, looks like a more "finished" product. Hopefully i was wrong all the way on the weakness of some components.

485B8F9D-9929-4E1F-864D-59902EEA2FAD_zpslmxbpx8v.jpg

Premium Features