• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpha elevate reviews

F
Jan 28, 2020
I don’t? Sorry if I didn’t break down my entire day of riding. I was being specific to how it performs when climbing/tree riding.

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
2020 154 HC

Tried the skid bolted in all positions including what iceage recommends, best results I found were stock limiter strap in stock location, stock skid mount locations, front skid shock wound 3/4 up and on setting 2, rear skid shock wound 1/2 way up and locked out. Made the 154 a lot more manageable and predictable, not wash out near as bad. It is not nearly as wild as it use to be. Back to what I had expected it would be from stock.

We are finding that the 2020 hardcores need respring/valving on the rear track shock even in stock form and unfortunately when coupled with elevate on the stock RTS settings it makes the sled wheelie far too much and has poor balance. Numerous riders as well as in house tests confirmed that the 2020 hardcore models have heavily under valved rear track shocks and springs which are far too soft and are easily overpowered on the 154 models. Riders with 165 are reporting the same issues but slightly less struggle. Findings include that unless locked out RTS the sled will wheelie uncontrollably and wash excessively in any sort of deep snow and techinical terrain. Riders who have resprung/valved report significant gains in control and affective power delivery. These have been run on stock and elevated sleds both with significant improvements in performance. Having to use Lockout on a consistent basis shows clearly under valved shock package.

On sleds with air shocks the valving package seems to be a lot more consistent between the year/model options and provides quality ride with our recommended settings.

F
Jan 28, 2020
We are finding that the 2020 hardcores need respring/valving on the rear track shock even in stock form and unfortunately when coupled with elevate on the stock RTS settings it makes the sled wheelie far too much and has poor balance. Numerous riders as well as in house tests confirmed that the 2020 hardcore models have heavily under valved rear track shocks and springs which are far too soft and are easily overpowered on the 154 models. Riders with 165 are reporting the same issues but slightly less struggle. Findings include that unless locked out RTS the sled will wheelie uncontrollably and wash excessively in any sort of deep snow and techinical terrain. Riders who have resprung/valved report significant gains in control and affective power delivery. These have been run on stock and elevated sleds both with significant improvements in performance. Having to use Lockout on a consistent basis shows clearly under valved shock package.

On sleds with air shocks the valving package seems to be a lot more consistent between the year/model options and provides quality ride with our recommended settings.

Mine have been revalved and resprung, I agree with you whole heartedly there, it needed it. I added your elevate kit after. Still with your recommended settings the sled was not as enjoyable. I may have about 3/4” less clearance at the rear locations of the sled compared to what it would’ve had with your recommended skid mounting locations but it rides undeniably better.

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Just getting ready to install my elevate on my 2019 Alpha. It’s already a wheelie monster so I’m hoping that it doesn’t get worse. If so I’ll be having Zbroz make me an elevate specific rts

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Just getting ready to install my elevate on my 2019 Alpha. It’s already a wheelie monster so I’m hoping that it doesn’t get worse. If so I’ll be having Zbroz make me an elevate specific rts

I did not notice uncontrollable wheelie in my one ride with elevate on my 19. On the 20 hardcore it has been 100% noticeable all season. So far with one ride with the front of the skid in the stock holes and the rear dropped it seems better although the snow was soooo deep that day it was really hard to make any sort of evaluation. Could not go up any sort of hill on any of the sleds we had there. Could barely go in the flat so will have to save that evaluation for different conditions.

T
Dec 10, 2018
Calgary, Alberta
I have the elevate kit on my alpha and it works awesome , no compliants. The nose doesnt dive down and push snow it sits on top and continues to float like the axys does. Super easy to get on its side and easy to hold a sidehill for any length of time . I think its well worth it if you are looking to invest in a kit there isnt anything bad i can say about the kit. 2 weekends ago buddy rode my alpha for a bit after riding his stock one all day and he said hes going to be looking at buying a kit.

Cinno

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Stillwater,Mn
Had two mountain trips on my 2020 800 Alpha MC in the last three weeks for eight days of total riding. The sled operated wonderfully. The steering was heavy until I lowered the rear skid shock pressure from 140 to 120 psi and the front ski shocks from 90 to 70. Was going to raise the front track shock a little but ran out of time. My mountain riding time is over for this year and am already looking forward to next year. At this time I don't think I'll be making any major mods but you never know.

Cinno

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Stillwater,Mn
Had two mountain trips on my 2020 800 Alpha MC in the last three weeks for eight days of total riding. The sled operated wonderfully. The steering was heavy until I lowered the rear skid shock pressure from 140 to 120 psi and the front ski shocks from 90 to 70. Was going to raise the front track shock a little but ran out of time. My mountain riding time is over for this year and am already looking forward to next year. At this time I don't think I'll be making any major mods but you never know.
I forgot to mention I also sealed the air intake section under the hood with a thin strip of black "Eternabond Roof Seal " around the outer edge and added some thick grease to the intake gasket. Not a bit of snow in the intake area. Also had to tighten the track twice over about two hundred miles or so.

Last edited:

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Anyone try tightening the limiter to help with the wheelie isssue? My buddy tightened his limiter on his 20 hardcore non elevated sled to keep it under control. Just curious how that will affect the elevate. I’ve got mine installed today and he talked me into tightening the limiter but now I’m having second thoughts

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Anyone try tightening the limiter to help with the wheelie isssue? My buddy tightened his limiter on his 20 hardcore non elevated sled to keep it under control. Just curious how that will affect the elevate. I’ve got mine installed today and he talked me into tightening the limiter but now I’m having second thoughts
Love the wheelies and Cats dont like a tighter limiter strap, tight = less traction

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com

You are reducing the travel in an area where most people are already seeing bottom out and many claim that is the cause of broken rail tips. Personally would not feel comfortable tightening mine much at all.

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
How are you guys controlling the wheelie factor? My 2019 stock alpha is already a wheelie monster! Everything I’ve read the elevate amplifies that

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
tightening the strap will not make the springs final rate any softer. adjust to your liking. if you worried about wheelying and bottoming then dont drill a hole lower and drop the front of you skid down.

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
For those who have been curious about the wheelies on the '20 hardcores we are testing some new spring/shock packages shortly and will have a list of updated recommendations. We have experienced this models challanges firsthand and want to provide customers of all models with a dialed in setup.

For those curious about tightening the limiter strap. Our Included Alpha elevate strap has 2 positions, extended (elevate) or the OEM hole configs. so if you put it in the "tighter" position it has no less travel then stock so should not lead to any increased rail force/damage.

Premium Features