• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpha elevate reviews

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Hey summ8rmk: Do me a favor and measure the distance from the top of your tunnel to the center of that front arm mount bolt. While you're at it, see what the bottom one is too.

I'm curious how that compares to the 2016 and previous arm mounts.

Thanks man!
19 Alpha
20200112_180550.jpg
14 Seahawk...20200112_180632.jpg

Same.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Awsome. Thanks man!

Looks like they really did depress that flared tunnel more on the new ones.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Stock other than elevate. Stock it was wild for sure and that's why i went with the elevate kit, seemed like it would put some control back into the sled. Yesterday it felt more like a lifted twin rail with the traction of an Alpha.

Sent it

I have to be honest your reviews have me curious. I would like to be able to stiffen up my front spring some without the sled trenching and being so out of hand so I was wondering about leaving that front arm in the stock position to begin with. When I talked to Ice age about it and they told me it needed to be dropped with the longer limiter to sit level I figured it would have a ton of ski pressure with it being in that whole. However, now that you have tried it and seem to be happy after one ride I think I may just have to throw it in that hole and give it a try. May be hard to really tell how heavy the front end is when we have 5 feet+ of powder right now but will definitely be able to see how it does for making the sled go in the deep. If I try it I will report back.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Stock limiter and Elevate limiter.
View attachment 337401
Elevate spindles, Front of the suspension in factory hole and rear dropped.
View attachment 337402
I loosened the limiter one hole. Front of the rail is still supporting the weight of the sled. U can see the paddles bending.
View attachment 337403
Rear is off the ground.
View attachment 337404
I was just out looking at mine and the paddles on the front are definitely bending over and the rear is just barely off the ground. So its definitely not sitting flat. I have one question though, does the track rub the top of the front arm with it back in the stock hole? Seems like it would be pretty close.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I was just out looking at mine and the paddles on the front are definitely bending over and the rear is just barely off the ground. So its definitely not sitting flat. I have one question though, does the track rub the top of the front arm with it back in the stock hole? Seems like it would be pretty close.

Shouldn't be an issue, it cleared before.
Dropping the rear 3/4" doesn't effect much up front.
f2fe0056de0ff2afc1520f6f7251066d.jpg

Sent it

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Another day and another smile.
Front of the skid is in the stock hole but i have the limiter strap out one hole. Shock can fully extend before the strap stops it. I hope this doesn't become a problem because i really like how this sled handles now!

Sent it

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Front of the skid is in the stock hole but i have the limiter strap out one hole. Shock can fully extend before the strap stops it. I hope this doesn't become a problem because i really like how this sled handles now!

Sent it

Assuming your using the stock limiter strap? How is the ski pressure? Did you back off the pressure in the ski shocks? What are you seeing on the hill that has improved for you?

I have the kit on my 154. Today I’ll check to see if the track is level with the floor.

But my first trip out, 4 days of the 2-3 feet of fresh powder, I thought the kit worked awesome. It’s in more setup snow that will be the true test!

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
65 psi skis, 70psi fts, 140psi rts.
The sled doesn't fall over now.
It is more stable yet very easy to ride.
Seems more predictable, less wild.
d40a289d14560160b2a8f97c74127741.jpg

Sent it

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Just checked my sled. On the level concrete the back half of the track is off the ground...damn. I can see where this would cause issue on ice or super hard snow.

What if you left the front in the lower hole as IceAge suggests and use the stock limiter strap to suck the front up a bit? I guess that creates a question, why does the kit come with the longer strap?

I don’t know if it’s in my head or not but it seems like the sled pops up on the snow even better now with the elevate kit.

Now I want to ride a stock sled and mine back to back!!!

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
With the front of the rail bottoming out, last thing i want to do is make it closer.
That is why i moved suspension up and longer strap.

Sent it

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada

Sent it

If your shock extends before your strap stops it, you may cause damage to your shock, there’s usually a bumper on the inside of the shock but I’ve seen shocks pull the caps right off

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho

Sent it
Did you ride it again with just the front back in stock hole? Your using the longer iceage strap?

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
First ride with front moved up was with iceage strap, only 1/16-1/8" longer than stock.
Second ride was with factory strap loosened one hole. Now that strap is longer than the shock. Not sure if its an issue because both ski shocks and rear track shock don't have limiter straps and they don't come apart but this shock may be built different?

I am pleased with how the sled handles now.
This weekend should give me some crappy snow to ride in so, i will see how it handles.

Sent it

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
First ride with front moved up was with iceage strap, only 1/16-1/8" longer than stock.
Second ride was with factory strap loosened one hole. Now that strap is longer than the shock. Not sure if its an issue because both ski shocks and rear track shock don't have limiter straps and they don't come apart but this shock may be built different?

I am pleased with how the sled handles now.
This weekend should give me some crappy snow to ride in so, i will see how it handles.

Sent it
Im going to put mine in the stock spot, on steep climbs the sled just wants to come over on me. Hopefully it helps without taking all the fun out of it

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Im going to put mine in the stock spot, on steep climbs the sled just wants to come over on me. Hopefully it helps without taking all the fun out of it

Report back after ur ride.

Sent it

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
How’s this working for mounting the front arm in the stock hole? How’s the ski pressure?

F
Jan 28, 2020
2020 154 HC

Tried the skid bolted in all positions including what iceage recommends, best results I found were stock limiter strap in stock location, stock skid mount locations, front skid shock wound 3/4 up and on setting 2, rear skid shock wound 1/2 way up and locked out. Made the 154 a lot more manageable and predictable, not wash out near as bad. It is not nearly as wild as it use to be. Back to what I had expected it would be from stock.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
2020 154 HC

Tried the skid bolted in all positions including what iceage recommends, best results I found were stock limiter strap in stock location, stock skid mount locations, front skid shock wound 3/4 up and on setting 2, rear skid shock wound 1/2 way up and locked out. Made the 154 a lot more manageable and predictable, not wash out near as bad. It is not nearly as wild as it use to be. Back to what I had expected it would be from stock.
I dont think your supposed to run around locked out all the time

Premium Features