• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpha elevate reviews

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
With the skid installed, both mounts dropped and the additional longer limiter strap your suspension should be sitting dead level on the floor. We designed to kit to have a very neutral balance and for it to sit completely level on the shop floor. This is configured with all shocks at full extension, no sag in them.

We are working on some additional recommendations on setup as the new models and shock packages have significantly different preload/sag based on model.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
My 165 ,the back of the track doesn't touch the ground. The sled is supported by the front. Been this way since day one. The longer limiter strap just lets the front come down more. Maybe mine is an anomaly? The only way I can get the back of the track to touch the ground is if I let all of the air out of the front shock.

The rear only needs to come down ~1/2"
Or front up 1/2".
The elevate with dropped skid is better than stock But still not flat like it should be.

All the weight is supported by ~16in of the rail...

Sent it

Ah I gotcha. I believe that is intentional from cat to make the longer sled feel more like a shorty but perform like a longer. Similar to how doo rails curve up in the back.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
This is the only pic i have. It's before elevate install. U can see how far the track is above the concrete at the bump stomp. Twice as high at the rear. The elevate spindles and dropping the skid helped but still not level. 75psi in skis, 70psi in FTS, 145 in RTS. I won't run the FTS less than 65psi, it hits the rail to easy.
Now i moved the front of the skid back up to stock and pumped shock to 85psi. It looks level. The limiter strap may need to be a bit longer as the one in my kit was nearly identical to my stock strap. I gained at most 1/16" in height.
20191021_203801.jpg
20191021_205619.jpg

bbf6f45ea8308affe5d087a87817e762.jpg

Sent it

Last edited:

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
It almost just looks like your front limiter strap stretched and is allowing the FTS to drop the front of the skid.

would be easy to compare with a buddy's sled

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
It almost just looks like your front limiter strap stretched and is allowing the FTS to drop the front of the skid.

would be easy to compare with a buddy's sled
It's been like this since day one.
I noticed it on the trailer.

Sent it

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Why arent you using the iceage bumpstop

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Pic is from 2018 when sled was new. (Maybe early 2019)
Can't take a pic of the goofiness that is, cause i moved the front back to the stock location, left the rear in the bottom. And now it sits as flat as my 14 next to it.

Sent it

Last edited:

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I will ride tomorrow and report back.
I may swap the suspension up on the hill. But if we have 3ft of new, i may not? Depends on how the sled handles.
If it is total crap, i will not ride it all day like that.

Sent it

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
So far i am very happy with the results.
I am going to put a longer limiter strap on to get a bit more ski lift.
Rode in 2ft+ so i need different conditions before i say i love it.

Sent it

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
So far i am very happy with the results.
I am going to put a longer limiter strap on to get a bit more ski lift.
Rode in 2ft+ so i need different conditions before i say i love it.

Sent it
What are you liking about it

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
@ullose272
I didn't seem to have near the trouble on the ice but i didn't stop either.

Sled didn't fall over when i would try to get on it. Lol

Seems to be more stable yet still flickable. Sidehilling and carving in the neutral position.

How my sled handled yesterday Is how i want my sled to handle. This is what i expected from the elevate kit.

My rail is parallel to the ground like it should be.

Sent it

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Stock limiter and Elevate limiter.
20200112_140453.jpg
Elevate spindles, Front of the suspension in factory hole and rear dropped.
20200112_141750.jpg
I loosened the limiter one hole. Front of the rail is still supporting the weight of the sled. U can see the paddles bending.
20200112_141716.jpg
Rear is off the ground.
20200112_141700.jpg

J
Mar 8, 2019
View attachment 337401
View attachment 337402
I loosened the limiter one hole. Front of the rail is still supporting the weight of the sled. U can see the paddles bending.
View attachment 337403
Rear is off the ground.
View attachment 337404

I assume you rode it both ways and you prefer it like this? Do you have to do anything besides switching holes? Does it affect your track tension at all?

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
View attachment 337401
View attachment 337402
View attachment 337403
Rear is off the ground.
View attachment 337404

Are you left handed? Do you have anger issues? Looks like you may have punched a few objects in the past. Broken knuckles. Haha

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I assume you rode it both ways and you prefer it like this? Do you have to do anything besides switching holes? Does it affect your track tension at all?
Track was very loose after moving the front back up.
I have 4-5 rides setup as Ice-Age instructed, 1 ride with the front moved up.
Avg 40miles per ride.
Snow was quit deep yesterday compared to the previous trips but i was very happy with the handling.

I loosened the limiter strap today in hopes to provide a little more lift under throttle and ease up the steering a touch, i haven't ridden yet. I like wheelies and its a 165......

Sent it

J
Mar 8, 2019
Track was very loose after moving the front back up.
I have 4-5 rides setup as Ice-Age instructed, 1 ride with the front moved up.
Avg 40miles per ride.
Snow was quit deep yesterday compared to the previous trips but i was very happy with the handling.

I loosened the limiter strap today in hopes to provide a little more lift under throttle and ease up the steering a touch, i haven't ridden yet. I like wheelies and its a 165......

Sent it

Are you stock besides the elevate kit? I wish I could give and honest review of mine. If I had to describe it out of control would be the best description. It wheelies everywhere tips over with the slightest pressure and climbing hills with the skis in the air is like flying a kite in to much wind. These are all good things it’s just been way more of an adjustment than I anticipated. I didn’t ride today next time out will be next weekend and we’ve got enough snow now to feel comfortable riding around.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Are you stock besides the elevate kit? I wish I could give and honest review of mine. If I had to describe it out of control would be the best description. It wheelies everywhere tips over with the slightest pressure and climbing hills with the skis in the air is like flying a kite in to much wind. These are all good things it’s just been way more of an adjustment than I anticipated. I didn’t ride today next time out will be next weekend and we’ve got enough snow now to feel comfortable riding around.
Stock other than elevate. Stock it was wild for sure and that's why i went with the elevate kit, seemed like it would put some control back into the sled. Yesterday it felt more like a lifted twin rail with the traction of an Alpha.

Sent it

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Hey summ8rmk: Do me a favor and measure the distance from the top of your tunnel to the center of that front arm mount bolt. While you're at it, see what the bottom one is too.

I'm curious how that compares to the 2016 and previous arm mounts.

Thanks man!

Premium Features