• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alaska State Trooper - Power Trip - Crazy vid

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
some are and some aren't

95 percent are /5 percent not:face-icon-small-hap I just avoid them because I cant keep my mouth shut either ! Good cops hate most cops too or so they say anyway. I am always a skeptic when it comes to the Po-Po.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Cops never know what they are going to encounter...and that kid didn't help the situation.

W

Winter Project

Dec 3, 2007
Anchorage / Gwood
www.myspace.com
Cops never know what they are going to encounter...and that kid didn't help the situation.

I respectfully disagree, because...

Not a single word was exchanged before the Trooper went for the phone, so how did he not help the situation?

Your right tho, Troopers/Officers never know what they are gonna encounter, especially in a state like Alaska where everyone totes guns around freely, but, i've never seen any type of weapon that has a white apple on it, maybe there is a new iGun, iTaser, or iPepper spray i haven't seen yet!? Maybe you can download an APP that works like a gun, taser, or pepper spray!!!

Law enforcement officers are trained not to approach people with their weapons drawn, this Trooper didn't have his gun pulled out, he had no time to interact with the "kid"... his actions were pre-meditated, he didn't want to be video taped, he tried to bully the "kid", that didn't work.

The guys in the video... foul mouthed? Yes. Punks? Maybe. Young and driving a powerful car? Yes. Dumb for knowingly approaching a Trooper and passing him(in a corvette of all vehicles)? Yes. None of these justify the actions in the video. Try taking an iPhone from a Trooper and post the video, i'd be interested to see what would result.

That Trooper was 100% out of line. My brother is a Police Officer and agrees - maybe he is biased - the old trooper vs cop dilemma! LOL

Sorry Scott if this post comes off as an attack on you, that wasn't my intention. I posted this for entertainment, not to create enemies.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I respectfully disagree, because...

Not a single word was exchanged before the Trooper went for the phone, so how did he not help the situation?
Right there, the tropper didn't seem to be very cool. Correct.

Your right tho, Troopers/Officers never know what they are gonna encounter, especially in a state like Alaska where everyone totes guns around freely, but, i've never seen any type of weapon that has a white apple on it, maybe there is a new iGun, iTaser, or iPepper spray i haven't seen yet!? Maybe you can download an APP that works like a gun, taser, or pepper spray!!!

Law enforcement officers are trained not to approach people with their weapons drawn, this Trooper didn't have his gun pulled out, he had no time to interact with the "kid"... his actions were pre-meditated, he didn't want to be video taped, he tried to bully the "kid", that didn't work.
Very possibly.

The guys in the video... foul mouthed? Yes. Punks? Maybe. Young and driving a powerful car? Yes. Dumb for knowingly approaching a Trooper and passing him(in a corvette of all vehicles)? Yes. None of these justify the actions in the video. Try taking an iPhone from a Trooper and post the video, i'd be interested to see what would result.
That is the part that I was referring to when the kids didn't help the situation. They weren't just driving down the road drinking rootbeer and having a swell jolly day.

That Trooper was 100% out of line. My brother is a Police Officer and agrees - maybe he is biased - the old trooper vs cop dilemma! LOL

Sorry Scott if this post comes off as an attack on you, that wasn't my intention. I posted this for entertainment, not to create enemies.

Your post was just fine...no worries man.

X

XXL

Jan 18, 2006
Wilsall, Montana
All the moving and reaching around they were doing inside the vehicle probably would have been worse if they had been stopped by a street cop instead of an administrator. Sit there with your hands on the wheel until instructed to retrive your paperwork by the officer. I do think the officer was out of line with his turn off the camera bit. He should have plead not guilty, unless there is more to the story, his bad boy music covers alot of what he says up.

Last edited:

DenverR1

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Denver, CO
Ok I have too....
As a cop who defends other cops, it's really hard to defend this trooper. From looking at this video and not knowing if any other facts are involved, it appears this trooper just got pissed off and lost his cool. On the other side of the coin, these two boys were asking for it PASSING him and blatantly TAPING IT.

This trooper (again just from the video) deserves a reprimand and I'm sure will get one. I do commend him for not going hands on when the boys started throwing the f-bombs.

This trooper is probably a great cop who was having a bad day and made a mistake. And I'm sure he'll pay for it. I and every other cop has made mistakes as well, been over-agressive for the situation or under-agressive. But something a lot of people don't understand is in this profession people are continually picking at you and sometimes we fall for it.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
the dipsh!y in the passenger seat was a punk, should of showed some respect

if that was my buddy, i would of punched him for being a duche.

A
Oct 16, 2009
The kid is a punk ya,but I bet if he had been about 35 years of age 6 foot pluse and arouind 250 in weight that punk trooper would have done things different! F the legal system and those in it!!!!!

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
Dumbass kid got what he gave. They obviously were out trying to push this cops buttons and suceeded. What a mouth that punk had. Shoulda shot the kid and no more problem. Cops have a tough enough job as it is dealing with the crap they have to day in and day out, and then have some punk douchebag who is just trying to make a name for himself on douche tube act like that, I take the cops side. And to the ones who are bashing cops and calling them pigs or whatever. You obviously have had some dealing with cops yourselves and I'd be willing to bet you acted just like the little douchebag did. They are humans just like anyone else, doing a job that 99% of you would be afraid to do.

mold

Lifetime Membership
Nov 17, 2009
Lead, SD & Idaho Falls, ID
Dumbass kid got what he gave. They obviously were out trying to push this cops buttons and suceeded. What a mouth that punk had. Shoulda shot the kid and no more problem. Cops have a tough enough job as it is dealing with the crap they have to day in and day out, and then have some punk douchebag who is just trying to make a name for himself on douche tube act like that, I take the cops side. And to the ones who are bashing cops and calling them pigs or whatever. You obviously have had some dealing with cops yourselves and I'd be willing to bet you acted just like the little douchebag did. They are humans just like anyone else, doing a job that 99% of you would be afraid to do.

Guess that puts me in the 1% group. What did I win?

Premium Features