• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

9R oil

P
Nov 28, 2007
Odessa, WA
What oil are you guys running in your 9R’s? Talking to some dealerships they recommend the ves extreme (white cap) the manual just states VES oil, same as the 650 and 850. The only sled in the manual that states extreme oil is the BOOST. Just curious what y’all are doing. Thanks

T
Jan 2, 2008
I know this is a bit off topic but could help someone with plug fouling. I was using the Extreme in my 22 850 since new and the sled had the plug fouling only on the first startup of the day if the sled was parked outside. A dealer told me to try using the VES. At about 500km I drained the tank and switched to the VES. Is it coincidence or what but I haven't fouled a plug since. Im going to give it a few more mountain trips and a couple more litres of the VES to use up before im convinced. Will be switching back to the Extreme to see if the fouling comes back.

440revNL

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 7, 2022
Canada
Use whatever floats your boat. VES, VES Extreme, AMS Oil, Klotz, or IPONE. As long as the oil meets or exceeds the JASO FD standards you're good.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I know this is a bit off topic but could help someone with plug fouling. I was using the Extreme in my 22 850 since new and the sled had the plug fouling only on the first startup of the day if the sled was parked outside. A dealer told me to try using the VES. At about 500km I drained the tank and switched to the VES. Is it coincidence or what but I haven't fouled a plug since. Im going to give it a few more mountain trips and a couple more litres of the VES to use up before im convinced. Will be switching back to the Extreme to see if the fouling comes back.
Peeps have been doing this since 2019, it helps most sleds that fouled plugs with the extreme.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

A
Sep 29, 2008
I switched to Extreme for the 9R because I misread the specs, otherwise I would have just stuck with VES. Then my dealer gave me a case of Extreme due to sled being late so I'm stuck with it. 450km smells like just like a 2 stroke sled always does and fills my shop with smoke just as fast. No fouled plugs, but I've never fouled a plug. However I ride everything like a rental right from the truck to the point that nobody in my town will by my used sleds :D, so I don't think fouling plugs is possible.

Premium Features