• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

24 lynx shedder RE review

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
I just put 280 miles on my Lynx this week with a mix of rough trail and hill climbs in very poor conditions. I cant give a full assessment at this time due to snow conditions but I can tell you that this sled rides twice as better than my 23 freeride. it soaks up the biggest moguls like nothing and the front end stays planted like its on rails . others in my group said the same when they tried it. at this point I think the only downfall I will have with it is not being a 165 that I am use to. I cant wait to get it in some deep snow

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
Nice.

I'm on my 2nd lynx, the sure do like the gnar whopped trails.. it doesn't dance and bounce all over the place like my Ski Doo used to.

Mine '24 only has 20 miles on it though. and is now in the shop :(

In powder I don't know if I can tell the diff between doo and lynx.. but I'm not very good lol.

Twistgrip

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2012
Nice.

I'm on my 2nd lynx, the sure do like the gnar whopped trails.. it doesn't dance and bounce all over the place like my Ski Doo used to.

Mine '24 only has 20 miles on it though. and is now in the shop :(

In powder I don't know if I can tell the diff between doo and lynx.. but I'm not very good lol.
Why is your sled in the shop?

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
Posted it here in another thread but the Wastegate actuator seized and wont move had to limp mode it back to the truck. Should be fixed in a week waiting on the part.
My '24 Lynx had a bad servo motor. 2hrs of run time and 56 codes. New servo and runs like a top.

Personally I'm having trouble with trenching. Need to spend time setting up the rear skid. My 165 turbo ds looses too much momentum climbing. My buddies '24 expert 154 will outclimb mine. And in the epic snow we ran today, it was near impossible for me to stop on anything other than a downhill and takeoff without burying it

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
My '24 Lynx had a bad servo motor. 2hrs of run time and 56 codes. New servo and runs like a top.

Personally I'm having trouble with trenching. Need to spend time setting up the rear skid. My 165 turbo ds looses too much momentum climbing. My buddies '24 expert 154 will outclimb mine. And in the epic snow we ran today, it was near impossible for me to stop on anything other than a downhill and takeoff without burying it
Nothing better in the bumps and rough stuff. Nothing trenches more either. They are so heavy that they actually need the extra track width. Would like to compare against 24 freeride. The expert is a better mountain sled.

Trolltech

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2008

Wider summit track would help. My 146turbo shredder also trenching alot compared to my old 146 freeride with r-motion. Had 2.5 summit track on the old one.

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
I'm really thinking of going to a cat power claw track. I just feel a bar style paddle works so much better on a 15 wide.

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon

That's what died on mine the servo seized up at 19 miles on the new sled.

They put a new one in I rode it yesterday seems to work fine again.

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
i absolutely hate this thing off the trail. i have been out west for 8 full days of riding and this thing has sat for 5 of those days and i ride my freeride 165 instead. make offer!!!

538f96cd-c46a-41fd-b094-661f4727b216.jpg

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
i absolutely hate this thing off the trail. i have been out west for 8 full days of riding and this thing has sat for 5 of those days and i ride my freeride 165 instead. make offer!!!

That’s pretty much where I was at with my ‘23 last year …. I have made it work with the new shocks and new front end, but it’s really unfortunate I bought a brand new “top of the line” sled then had to turn around and spend $4000+ in mods to make it work ….. I’ve got to like the sled at this point, but yeah ….. I know where you’re coming from =\

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
That’s pretty much where I was at with my ‘23 last year …. I have made it work with the new shocks and new front end, but it’s really unfortunate I bought a brand new “top of the line” sled then had to turn around and spend $4000+ in mods to make it work ….. I’ve got to like the sled at this point, but yeah ….. I know where you’re coming from =\

What type of terrain and riding were you doing that the Lynx didn’t perform in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
i think its a couple reasons but mainly track length is the issue. i am a 165 guy and should of got the DS instead. the 154 trenches bad. i offered to it to my son who rides a boondocker and he declined and says he doesnt like it either. we are headed back out on friday and i will give it another try

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
I talked about how bad it trenches last year. I remember someone telling me they were sick of hearing how it trenches. That's funny

Isn’t the RS marketed towards rough terrain, drops, jumps and trail slayer kind of machine?

I watched that Bergmark dude and he makes them slay. It’s all jumps and drops and hitting moguls at 60mph. But I don’t think he is a backcountry deep pow adventure style rider.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Isn’t the RS marketed towards rough terrain, drops, jumps and trail slayer kind of machine?

I watched that Bergmark dude and he makes them slay. It’s all jumps and drops and hitting moguls at 60mph. But I don’t think he is a backcountry deep pow adventure style rider.

You are right. It eats up bumps better than anything. It was actually one of the only mountain sleds i would consider fun on the trail even though I'm not buying it for the trail. I had higher hopes for it but it is so heavy for a mountain sled and all the extra weight is on the back. You really have to ride it like you have a set or you are going to be stuck all the time in the trees. The only reason i am laughing is because he said nobody cares about your sled trenching and basically shut up. The re is like a swiss army knife. It can do everything but it doesn't do everything well. I revert back to i had higher hopes, for what i like to do, and was wrong. I would rather have something else for tree riding. Lynx even said they aren't changing it for Americans. They are building their sled the way they are and some Americans will want it.

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
You are right. It eats up bumps better than anything. It was actually one of the only mountain sleds i would consider fun on the trail even though I'm not buying it for the trail. I had higher hopes for it but it is so heavy for a mountain sled and all the extra weight is on the back. You really have to ride it like you have a set or you are going to be stuck all the time in the trees. The only reason i am laughing is because he said nobody cares about your sled trenching and basically shut up. The re is like a swiss army knife. It can do everything but it doesn't do everything well. I revert back to i had higher hopes, for what i like to do, and was wrong. I would rather have something else for tree riding. Lynx even said they aren't changing it for Americans. They are building their sled the way they are and some Americans will want it.

Oh k gotcha. Well it’s good to have some real life feedback from people that owned them not just ambassadors trying to sell a product for their boss. Maybe the DS is a little better but probably would still suffer in the deep pow from that back end being heavier than the normal summit line.

Premium Features