• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2024 Snow Check Easy Throttle option

S
Nov 26, 2007
Logan, Utah
In the list of options for the 2024 Summit and Freeride models, there is a new one at the very bottom called "Easy Throttle." It is described as follows: "The Easy Throttle helps reduce hand fatigue by moving closer to the handlebar - ideal for smaller hands or longer rides. Reduces thumb pressure by 20%." Is this a new option? Has there been any testing of it? I can find no reviews or information on this option online, anywhere. As I am getting older, I have noticed some fatigue in my thumb on my 2020 Summit Expert from riding at low throttle positions (which is a condition more common on 850's than any other sleds I have ridden before because the the 850 has so much throttle response at low throttle positions that a good part of the day the throttle is barely being pulled and the throttle lever is in an uncomfortable position sticking way out from the handlebar.) The normal trick of rotating the lever up and using the hook/web of the hand is tricky on the 850 because of the increased need for fine control because of torque of these engines. When I look at the photo of the "Easy Throttle" it does look much easier to pull. Has anyone had a chance to try it? If so, what is the downside? There has to be a downside or they would just put it on all sleds, stock. I'm thinking because it starts in a position closer to the handlebars that means it will have less overall travel before it hits the handlebar, making the sled even jumpier in response to small thumb movements than it already is. The question is, is the tradeoff worth it? Is it easier to ride or harder?

Screen Shot 2023-03-11 at 10.07.24 AM.png

G
Feb 9, 2014
Shuswap
In the list of options for the 2024 Summit and Freeride models, there is a new one at the very bottom called "Easy Throttle."

In the description they state it is standard on the Neo+. Perhaps you could see it on one of those sleds.
As I am getting older, I have noticed some fatigue in my thumb on my 2020 Summit Expert from riding at low throttle positions
I was having the same issue this season. I ended up trying the 'borsch edition' throttle from powderfreaks. It is similar to an atv style throttle. Took a few days to get used to, but it seems to help.

djdj

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 1, 2022
Colorado
Good question and have been having the same issues with my thumb. Will be interested to see what real world experience says about this option

Premium Features