• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2023 Ski-Doo CVt/Clutch Side Panel Removal

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Can someone explain the difference between the one button and two button gauge?
The two button is a 4.5 inch gauge. It appears bigger than the one button gauge.

The two button gauge also displays more readouts on its screen at one time than the one button gauge.

Ski Doo went to the two button gauge for a reason and touted it as an upgrade over the one button gauge. So, the one button gauge is a downgrade.

Ski Doo’s website still says the Summit Expert comes with the two button 4.5 gauge even though a Doo Ambassador posted that Doo is not going to spec those and will use the old gauges instead.

We will know when we get our new sleds.

Last edited:

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
The two button is a 4.5 inch gauge. It appears bigger than the one button gauge.

The two button gauge also displays more readouts on its screen at one time than the one button gauge.

Ski Doo went to the two button gauge for a reason and touted it as an upgrade over the one button gauge. So, the one button gauge is a downgrade.

Ski Doo’s website still says the Summit Expert comes with the two button 4.5 gauge even though a Doo Ambassador posted that Doo is not going to spec those and will use the old gauges instead.

We will know when we get our new sleds.
I found last years thread on this same subject, and see the differences now. I get that you’re upset. I don’t really care though, I need a tach off trail and temp guage on trail, and I’m happy. If it improves delivery window I’m all for it.

I hate to say covid is an ok excuse for this, but if they cant get what they need for the 2 button it is what it is.

Idahodoo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Pocatello Idaho
www.jcscutomvents.com
When I put $500 down at the local dealer, Whether it’s on a snowmobile or a Can-Am I can cancel and get the $500 deposit back without a hassle, several guys did this on 2022 snow check because of late delivery + the Gen 5 revealed & poor snow conditions most of the year before delivery.

I know that some dealers around here order extra spring checks + cancellation’s there is usually sleds available in season.

I guess it depends on your Relationship with the dealer & how many sleds they sell each season.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I found last years thread on this same subject, and see the differences now. I get that you’re upset. I don’t really care though, I need a tach off trail and temp guage on trail, and I’m happy. If it improves delivery window I’m all for it.

I hate to say covid is an ok excuse for this, but if they cant get what they need for the 2 button it is what it is.
I am not upset. I expect issues, but I am surprised that:

Doo continues to advertise a feature that they apparently know they cannot provide; and

Doo’s communication continues to be poor.

How hard can it be to fix your website so it’s accurate?

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
I’m hearing conflicting info in brake res gaurd does it come with or is it a need to be ordered separately?

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
I’m hearing conflicting info in brake res gaurd does it come with or is it a need to be ordered separately?
i believe it comes on expert and freeride, sorry dont have spec sheet in front of me, if it does not easy to purchase, i also have some tki ones if your in canada if in usa then direct is easy from tom or a ski doo one from your dealer

S

saskattakman

Aug 16, 2011
can anybody confirm this gauge mess? are all sleds getting 1 button gauge if not the 10 inch screen? or is it just a summit thing and freerides get the 2 button?

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
can anybody confirm this gauge mess? are all sleds getting 1 button gauge if not the 10 inch screen? or is it just a summit thing and freerides get the 2 button?
We'll all probably know when we get our 2023 sleds, which hopefully will be in 2022 and not 2023!

S

saskattakman

Aug 16, 2011
now on doos spec sheet comes with standard compact gauge where before snow check ended the 23 info book said 4.5 gauge

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
This is kinda old news that was released before snowcheck ended.
Doo is trying to get sleds out to dealers without delays. It’s a crappy deal, but it’s better than getting your sled at the end of the season or now like one guy posted.

Premium Features