• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2023 Ski-Doo CVt/Clutch Side Panel Removal

T
Oct 10, 2001
Spokane WA
Dave, appreciate your video but I do have a question on the exhaust side. The small clips in the front side of the panel suck! Is Ski Doo going to re-engineer the panel or maybe get rid of the small clips and add a rubber strap like the clutch cover has? This is the only problem area I saw when I was checking the sleds out. As a matter of fact, the small clips on the Expert were different then the small clips on the X model.

Thanks again!

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
That 210 mark is funny stuff glad to see a little funny business going on in the shop!!

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Dave, appreciate your video but I do have a question on the exhaust side. The small clips in the front side of the panel suck! Is Ski Doo going to re-engineer the panel or maybe get rid of the small clips and add a rubber strap like the clutch cover has? This is the only problem area I saw when I was checking the sleds out. As a matter of fact, the small clips on the Expert were different then the small clips on the X model.

Thanks again!
won't know till final, things might change, also single button gauge on all summits unless 10.25 gauge, no 2 button are available

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
That's is where half of the Ski-doo inventory is .By the looks of things they must have a toilet paper shortage by the way that guys pants are dragging.YEE HA:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
won't know till final, things might change, also single button gauge on all summits unless 10.25 gauge, no 2 button are available
No two button even on the Experts????

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
If theres frog skin on that top vent it's sure hard to see. Dave grabs the vent and puts his hand through it.:unsure:
there is not as that is an exit vent and it is not directly to the clutches it is behind a the cvt cover that is part of the door, so snow would have to go in there side ways down around the venting down and then up to get to the secondary, it does not happen. There is slp on the intake, where it needs to be.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
there are only 1 button gauges available, so yes.
Damn, that didn't take long to ago sideways. The website and brochures say 2-button gauges. I just ordered my sled last week and it said 2-button gauge.

How could Doo not get that right out of the gate?

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Damn, that didn't take long to ago sideways. The website and brochures say 2-button gauges. I just ordered my sled last week and it said 2-button gauge.

How could Doo not get that right out of the gate?
you can cancel, if it does not suit you. sleds are prototypes until production, they are only using things they can get so customers get their sleds when they want them. cheers dave

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
you can cancel, if it does not suit you. sleds are prototypes until production, they are only using things they can get so customers get their sleds when they want them. cheers dave
Suit me? A $500 non-refundable deposit was required to order so that ship has sailed.

My question is why have the 2-button gauge on the website if it's not available? How long does it take them to change the website so it's accurate when we make decisions?

No one likes to pay for something and not get what they paid for. Is Doo going to credit us for promising one thing and providing a lesser one? How about giving back that year or two of warranty they took away on their spring orders?

This does not give me a lot of confidence that Doo has their act together to get the 2023 sleds built and delivered on time when they are already pulling back on what they represented last week when I ordered. Here's hoping this is the last bait and switch move on their part.

bcsnowdog

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
frank mountain bc
I agree, why show us the two button gauge in the video and in specs if not delivering again? And then to say "You can cancel if you don't like it" two weeks after we snow check? Bull Sh#t if you ask me! Lucky for them they can get away with this crap right now.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
new boards/suspension/bodywork/ledlights/enclosed cvt cover/4 motor mounts/track change without opening chain case/easy to remove rear suspension bolts..........but wait what only 1 button on gauge, man some guys are never happy. then back out there will be others to take your place.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
new boards/suspension/bodywork/ledlights/enclosed cvt cover/4 motor mounts/track change without opening chain case/easy to remove rear suspension bolts..........but wait what only 1 button on gauge, man some guys are never happy. then back out there will be others to take your place.

The issue is Doo's planning and communication.

Planning: Doo advertised something, put it on their website and in their videos, and then a week later said that particular component will not be available at all. Somebody messed up at Doo somewhere.

Communication: As many noted as they waited (and are still waiting) for their 2022 spring orders, Doo's communication needs improvement. Doo didn't communicate this change to the customers who've placed their orders or to those thinking of ordering - one of their ambassadors mentioned it in an unrelated post.

You're right, Doo did make a lot of great (finally) improvements and they are appreciated, but they are not free. Doo also cut their warranty by another year, added on a $400 commodity charge, and raised their prices too.

Many people on this forum make observations that some demean as complaining or whining. This quote describes distinguishing between complaints and criticism, which hopefully pushes the recipient to doo better:

"There is an important distinction one needs to make between complaining, because you are being difficult, and offering criticism because you are discerning."

The "discerning" Snowest member likes to get what they paid for.

Last edited:
Premium Features