• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2023 165 turbo expert issues

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
Check your boost tube and the clamps . I have broke the smaller tube coming off the exhaust twice. Causes backfiring and rpm to drop.
mine was snapped off. i just pulled my hood the other day and noticed it. no idea how long it was like that i suspect for quite a while. i was getting the occasional backfire. 2023 free ride

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
have you checked your boost tube? (i think thats what its called). mine was snapped off. i have no idea how long. but i was getting the occasional backfire. and when its snapped off you are blowing exhaust through the hole into the open under your hood. i suspect there are many sleds out there with the boost tube snapped off and owners have not pulled the hood to check.
All good. It’s a clutching issue.

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
Yes, have heard. Arms are aluminum and work good but get destroyed if belt blows due to design of being exposed. Joey clutching have similar arms, steel I think instead of aluminum and less exposed.
The Popeye arms in the clutch are exposed but they're still at a lower height than the Pdrive ramp from 0mph to about 2/3 of maximum shift
At full shift overdrive the nub of the Popeye arm sticks out 3mm [1/8"] higher than the pdrive ramp itself.

Since 2018, ive seen 2 sets of Popeye's get bent from the belly pan hitting a stump, which that customer, i send him a new set. The clutch cavity area and belly pan was a mess. BLAH..?
The other set, buddy took them out and hammered them flat again on the flat of a vise. ?
ibackshfit popeye.jpg

Premium Features