• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022 Burandt Trailer - Auto Door Squeaks and binds -

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
Should I lube the hinges or what? The auto door basically doesn't work anymore because of all the squeeking/friction and needs a little help from my foot.

I think the worm drive is fine I think its just the hinges.

trees happen

Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2008
Anywhere there's snow
As long as you keep it off the rubber seals, lanolin, like fluid film, or surface shield, works really well as a lube, and prevents corrosion. Does wash off easily with water though.

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
Most open chain and cable lube should work and it should be done frequently because guys like me get 120.00 per hr to fix them.
And im 6 weeks out.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
Should I lube the hinges or what? The auto door basically doesn't work anymore because of all the squeeking/friction and needs a little help from my foot.

I think the worm drive is fine I think its just the hinges.
I’ve got a 2020 and my auto door doesn’t even want to go up completely by itself and Trails West told me they would just recommend taking the motor off. They open up pretty easy and way faster because of the springs with the motor off.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
My 22 has an updated lift ram, it’s faster compared to older ones and has been reliable so far.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
One of biggest factors I’ve seen on door speed is battery use, maintenance. I run my truck or plug into shore power/gen if furnace is on so my batts are always fresh. Guys running batts down and up by standalone furnace time just don’t have the amps.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
One of biggest factors I’ve seen on door speed is battery use, maintenance. I run my truck or plug into shore power/gen if furnace is on so my batts are always fresh. Guys running batts down and up by standalone furnace time just don’t have the amps.
Agree. I keep mine on shore power also, but sometimes get lazy and use the door with the truck off. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤪

Premium Features