• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020...Good, bad, or ugly?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Just adjusted the price on my 850 Poo :face-icon-small-hap

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
After looking the base Alpha is probably all a guy needs, so yes to $11,595 for a new mtn sled!

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
After looking the base Alpha is probably all a guy needs, so yes to $11,595 for a new mtn sled!
I think that’s what I would get. QS3’s change the sleds handling too much when adjusted IMO. Kind of a set it and forget kind of guy, and it sounds like the IFPs are decent shocks. Beyond that your not getting an led headlight?

Im hearing 1 year warrranty standard, which is disappointing.

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
I’m pretty surprised I actually like the qs3 shocks on my alpha, I thought I would hate them but they soak up the big hits well. The clickers actually work well for me. I would run the qs3 air again.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
They’ll be $9500 in February 2020. I’ve been screwed by snow check every time lol.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Also this is what big companies do in a market they want to take over. They under cut the competition and slash profits for a while trying to buy market share. Enjoy it while it lasts lol.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
I can't find any information on finance rates or warranty coverage options?????

Does anyone know what the difference is with the 'reinforced' running board edge on the hardcore vs the others?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Thanks

I'm guessing it's the outer edge traction that's the difference? I'm not familiar with what the regular edge looks like... haven't paid that much attention.

Oval shaped tube, edge of the tunnel contours it on the inside with a serrated edge that sticks up along the top just like the inside row of grips in the image that was attached. New design extrusion adds another row of grippers along the edge as well as supposedly more rigid.

Last edited:

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Really minor. Haven't bent mine or slipped off but I bought the klim snow bike boot and they have a softer sole. My buddy slips off all the time with his harder plastic sole on his klim boots. I did shove a stob through the boards and broke a cross link. Those haven't changed on the hardcore.

D

Dabull

Nov 26, 2007
utah
Call me crazy but with those prices they are offering it seems that textron might be getting out of the snowmobile business. ?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
You think they hung around Yamaha for too long? That is a lot of bang for the buck with the alpha. They made a new model or two for 2020 plus some motor refinements so we will see. They also cured my biggest gripe of no e start other than on the hardcore 154. The alpha is hands down the funnest sled to ride imo so we will see. Awesome sled at an awesome price. See how they sell and see what they do in the future.

FarmerTimBob

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2014
I think that’s what I would get. QS3’s change the sleds handling too much when adjusted IMO. Kind of a set it and forget kind of guy, and it sounds like the IFPs are decent shocks. Beyond that your not getting an led headlight?

Im hearing 1 year warrranty standard, which is disappointing.

Seems as a lot people on here trade yearly. One year warranty doesn’t seem that big of a deal.

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
My 2 cents...

I don’t think Textron is going anywhere soon. They are likely able to offer the spring price as the lineup has been streamlined substantially, offering fewer models means less time to retool the line (reducing costs),and third party manufacturing of parts allow the company to order what they need instead of maintaining a huge inventory, also reducing costs. The mountain segment, although gaining market share isn’t the lions share or snowmobiles sold in Canada & the US. Trail and crossover sleds dominate market share. Snow check sales will dictate the direction the company takes for years to come, realistically models are planned 3-5 years prior to release. I know everyone wants an all new sled every year, but the reality is very few purchase a new one every year, and with a new release every season, no one could afford one ( hence why no 850cc entry for 2020 from Cat -it simply isn’t cost effective).

Premium Features