• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020...Good, bad, or ugly?

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
Cat site has been down all day so havent been able to get any offical info.

Looks like there will be several diffferent lines for the Alpha. Base model, mountain cat, & hardcore. All with different shock packages. Riot seems to be just a new name for the XF's. And they got some kinda crazy color combos for the Zr's....

Same snowflap as they've had since 2012 no surpise there. And whats up with the windshields?

Last edited:

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Probably more hype by the website being down than they would have if it wasn't. Talk about a complete let down. I was expecting no big changes but not literally no changes.

Heard they updated the brake reservoir. That is about it. Snowest has some information on their site. Basically all of the 18 updates are described there if you want that info lol unbelievable.

Cat has a low release marketing bar and they still may have found a way to trip and fall under it.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I can't believe Cat is giving no options for a dual rail Mountain Cat, and you can only get a sled if you snow check one. So what the hell are the dealers supposed to do, sell 12 sleds through snow check and be screwed on in season models to sell? So what is Cat then gonna jam a bunch of non mountain sleds down western dealers throats that they won't be able to sell? I can see dealers snow checking sleds out of their own pockets under their name and selling them above market value to keep customers. If they can even mark up over retail legally...

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I think snow check only is good... should help resale and dealers may actually start taking trade ins again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
5566b991ecce4e4b46ad84b3626a8521.jpg

883f71fe5691e7a148b34d0491d15b99.jpg

54512b29260f6f1d03db456e2d556d76.jpg

Black appears to be the “standard model”
Red is the Hardcore
Silver/Gray is the Mountain Cat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
I think the colors are much better on the Alphas this year

Snowcheck only is interesting. Yamaha did it last year, but they don't really sell any sleds in the western market, so that made sense

I see no downside to the single rail. Why bother with the 2 rail setup?

It says the Hardcore has upgraded heavy duty running boards

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
“Industry First” special pricing that will be introduced March 5th :face-icon-small-con

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
I dig that mountain cat!
unirail across the mountain segment makes sense to me, sounds like more people like it than dislike it.
riot has a mountain version with a 2" for in betweeners.
they will have more refinements than they will advertise. always do. just like the new doos I bet. probably a solid year to buy for pull n go riders. interesting that we hate the cat snoflap but it does stick straight out once in the deep snow, like that new doo shorty flap, and both have short tunnels now.
disappointed to see the '81 puma taillight still, here in 2020. and cheap steel bars?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I can't believe Cat is giving no options for a dual rail Mountain Cat, and you can only get a sled if you snow check one. So what the hell are the dealers supposed to do, sell 12 sleds through snow check and be screwed on in season models to sell? So what is Cat then gonna jam a bunch of non mountain sleds down western dealers throats that they won't be able to sell? I can see dealers snow checking sleds out of their own pockets under their name and selling them above market value to keep customers. If they can even mark up over retail legally...
Answer to this would be NO... sounds like ALL 2020 Cats will be snowcheck ONLY.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Wow!!

This is a crazy release. Just when it seemed like Arctic Cat had really taken some good steps to start the momentum going back in their favor, they come out with this and all that momentum comes to a grinding halt.

2 completely bone-headed moves that kill all their momentum.

1. Only build Alpha after a full season of us being told that the alpha was very "specialized" and a full season of seeing the best cat rider out there (kesterke) still choosing the 2 rail design and killing it on the 2 rail design.

2. Spring check only. I don't even need to explain this one. If you don't get it, you won't. The bottom line is that this will likely cut in half the number of total riders on Cats. Sure, they'll get top dollar for the sleds they do sell, but volume of Cats seen in western parking lots will continue to be completely dwarfed by ski-doo and Polaris.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
So that raises the question again, what are the dealers going to be selling to make money in the heart of the winter? Oil?

2018 & 2019 Models maybe?

Country Cat here is still advertising some brand new 2017 models that they keep getting from Cat. Maybe this is a single year move to blow out all the older inventory. Or maybe you can only get the newest year stuff at snowcheck and then the previous year stuff on the show floor???

Seems like an odd move either way.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
So that raises the question again, what are the dealers going to be selling to make money in the heart of the winter? Oil?
Parts & Service. Last years sleds that have been traded in.

They ALL claim they don't make any money off new sleds anyway. My local dealer posted a picture of his showroom the other day, looks like all the same exact sleds he had in November when I stopped by. Assuming they will eventually get sold stupid cheap sometime next winter.

I guess I'm in the minority but I think its a very good move to offer fewer models and only offer them as snow check. I think it will be good for everyone. JMO.

bcsnowdog

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
frank mountain bc
Arctic Cat C-TEC2 8000

Arctic Cat gave its big C-TEC2 8000-Series two-stroke engine a significant makeover for 2020. The 793cc twin features new cylinders, pistons, combustion chamber, flywheel, and fuel rail. According to Cat, the engine also boasts “a new fuel calibration strategy that delivers cleaner and more responsive performance, with improved fuel economy and power in the 165 HP class of engines.”

Designed and built by Arctic Cat in St. Cloud, Minn., this engine also features an Arctic Power Valve system with three-stage control of the auxiliary exhaust ports via side valves, as well as three-stage control of the primary exhaust port. Cat says oil injection is precisely delivered via an ECM-controlled electronic oil pump. Other features include battery-less EFI, Exhaust Pipe Temperature Sensor, knock sensor and engine-reverse technology.

F7arcticcat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dealers will order extras...just like they did with the alphas last year.
On the bright side the 19s might hold there value and I dont need to upgrade.

ArcticChat

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2014
Did they make an HO version of the 800 and not bother putting that on the website?

Arctic Cat gave its big C-TEC2 8000-Series two-stroke engine a significant makeover for 2020. The 793cc twin features new cylinders, pistons, combustion chamber, flywheel, and fuel rail. According to Cat, the engine also boasts “a new fuel calibration strategy that delivers cleaner and more responsive performance, with improved fuel economy and power in the 165 HP class of engines.”

https://www.snowmobile.com/blog/2019/02/2020-arctic-cat-snowmobile-lineup-preview.html

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Going out of business? Or maybe new chassis reveal as an early 2021 model

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Premium Features