• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020...Good, bad, or ugly?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Seems as a lot people on here trade yearly. One year warranty doesn’t seem that big of a deal.
I typically do a new sled every 2 years, honestly have NEVER had to use warranty. Knock on wood. But I like having the peace of mind and think 2-3 years should be standard with snowcheck. Good for resale too.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I don’t think Textron is going anywhere soon. They are likely able to offer the spring price as the lineup has been streamlined substantially, offering fewer models means less time to retool the line (reducing costs),and third party manufacturing of parts allow the company to order what they need instead of maintaining a huge inventory, also reducing costs. The mountain segment, although gaining market share isn’t the lions share or snowmobiles sold in Canada & the US. Trail and crossover sleds dominate market share. Snow check sales will dictate the direction the company takes for years to come, realistically models are planned 3-5 years prior to release. I know everyone wants an all new sled every year, but the reality is very few purchase a new one every year, and with a new release every season, no one could afford one ( hence why no 850cc entry for 2020 from Cat -it simply isn’t cost effective).
I believe the Pro RMK sold more than any other sled in 2011 and 2012. It would be interesting to see some comparisons between mountain and trail snowchecks. More and more people are buying mountain sleds each year. I know around here (Eastern SD) trail sleds basically don’t sell anymore.

Premium Features