• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 pro lite 600ho

bighillm7

Lifetime Membership
Sep 21, 2011
Central Iowa
I am looking at a 2014 pro lite 600ho. Can you guys tell me about them a bit? What is a hard to find part if I need something? The last cat I was on was a M7. Familiar with the pro climb chassis just not really the pro lite. This will be a sled for my kid to ride. Downfalls of this chassis or build.
TIA

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I bought a 2014 900 version. Attached is the brochure from the 2013, but the build list is pretty similar. Differences on the 2014: BDX built their own running boards instead of using Skinz, bit different front bumper, no lightweight rotor (stock one was already lightened that year) or recoil cup, T-top steering stem was stock unit from HCR at the time instead of a custom unit of their own.

Weak spot was the front spindles they used. Doesn't take a lot to bend them from a side impact. I bent one and sheared one off when a ski went under a ledge under the snow. As long as you don't hit anything they take regular riding, rough trail, and jumping just fine. Upper a-arm is their own design, lower a-arm is stock. I see they still have replacement upper arms and spindles on their website. If you have to you can replace with current Cat parts, just might have to upgrade the other side to match. I bent one of the lightweight skid arms. They are also replaceable with stock units or they still have some of the light ones listed on their site. I'm 300lb geared up and run down the whooped out trails as fast as I can safely go. A smaller, milder rider would probably never have an issue. Not sure what modifications they would have put on the 600 engine at that time.

Attachments

• prolite_v5.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 9
Premium Features