• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 New Changes for Yamaha?

A

Ak nitro

Dec 1, 2007
Cortez Colorado
If this sled is an 144, and lighter, throwing a 144 2.5 on it, would b a really fun sled, with 200 horse it would be a wheelie machine. Since nobody ever keeps the stock Yamaha suspension and tracks anyway, I am sure we will see plenty of these long tracked in no time.

xpx5

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
south dakota
With all the deep powder in the u.s. currently I think a 121 would be more fun ..might have to get a xtx Would be more than enough sled for the current conditions

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
Well we better learn to get along.

Cat builds sleds that work better in snow, and has invented most of the inovations.
Yam makes quality. Should be a great future. If that's the way it's gong to go.

Owen

xpx5

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
south dakota
Finally rode a pro this weekend in deep powder .. Wow what a disappointment didn't feel any lighter or handel any better ! Couldn't wait to get back on my nytro ! I had to sit at the bottom of the hill and wait for the poo owner to trade back .. He liked my sled so much ! Lol....

jrusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Edmonton
Finally rode a pro this weekend in deep powder .. Wow what a disappointment didn't feel any lighter or handel any better ! Couldn't wait to get back on my nytro ! I had to sit at the bottom of the hill and wait for the poo owner to trade back .. He liked my sled so much ! Lol....

Are you kidding me didnt feel any lighter?? I have a pro and a T-nytro and the pro is crazy light compared to my nytro and effortless to get it to do what you want..

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado

i did not like the pro either and i bought one brand new! (then sold it) coming off my nytro i did not like the way the pro handled....this surprised me because i expected to be blown away. To be fair, my nytro has a turbo and the pro did not....so it felt extremely gutless. i have ridden the pro with a turbo and it was indeed fun...but i don't believe it will last like the yammie for 20 grand. the other reason i sold my pro was the Sh*t polaris quality....problems with driveshaft, belt drive, engine, etc. I honestly don't see what all the hype is about with the pro...

Last edited:

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
i did not like the pro either and i bought one brand new! (then sold it) coming off my nytro i did not like the way the pro handled....this surprised me because i expected to be blown away. To be fair, my nytro has a turbo and the pro did not....so it felt extremely gutless. i have ridden the pro with a turbo and it was indeed fun...but i don't believe it will last like the yammie for 20 grand. the other reason i sold my pro was the Sh*t polaris quality....problems with driveshaft, belt drive, engine, etc. I honestly don't see what all the hype is about with the pro...

Same here. Rode mine 40miles and it was boosted. Sold it that week. Back on the mcx nytro:face-icon-small-hap

rmk stu

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2008
Roseburg, Oregon
I to am excited to see what yamaha has up their sleeve, however my 08 Nytro has been the best sled I have ever owned!! They build an excellent sled and they will outlast anything out there.

xpx5

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
south dakota
With the majority of snowmobilers being more weight conscious than a high school cheerleader ....why not build a low boost phaser with 160 hp that would be faster than a modern 800 @ 10000 foot??

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
MainImage_00000627.jpg

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota

nytro to pro and it didn't handle any better or seem lighter? So you must have a $25k nytro and must also be fawking drunk all the time if its so easy to tip over on your nytro.

extensively modded nytro compared to bone stock rmk and it felt the same? guess what, rmk is half the price

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
2014 yamaha viper

three new groomed trail sleds, nytro motor, N/A for this year. Now if you have any doubts arctic cat and yamaha are on a join venture.....

new2014Yamaha1.png

Premium Features