• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 New Changes for Yamaha?

N

NM

Jan 3, 2003
Ponoka AB.
Bahahaha that hurts lol, getting beat by a two stroke at 4psi boost... Your Pro's must really rip Neil.
Haha well shortly after I climbed a chute with the same sled that two turbo Nytros just crashed out of, so I was sharing the love. Lol
The cat guy had his sled for sale the next week.
I am very excited to see what Yammie has coming out. They build amazing 4 stroke engines that whip up like a two stroke and run forever.
They just need to nail the chassis geometry now.

tmk50

Lifetime Membership
Sep 20, 2001
Brighton, Colorado
I am very excited to see what Yammie has coming out. They build amazing 4 stroke engines that whip up like a two stroke and run forever.
They just need to nail the chassis geometry now.

No new mountain sleds. West dealers are excused from attending the release.

B

bacobits

Dec 9, 2007
Laramie, wyo.
x2 what tmk50 said, dealer here has been excused from going to release, has always been manditory in the past. No point this year, wtf is up blue.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Makes good power on flat ground now lets see one follow us up the monster Gene:face-icon-small-win better send one out with more than a Kmod scissor:wave:

Well at least we got past the fact they don't make power lol.

How's the stock skid on the Nypex?:face-icon-small-hap

Gotta get out and ride some time Jordan, last time I rode with you were riding a KK on nitrous showing up a 1010 in Chappel. Good times.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Sometimes I feel like that is why Yamaha is blue......from holding their breath for so long.

Nothing new for mountain guys this year is what I was told.

flying frenchman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2009
Alberta, Canada
If there's no new mountain sled why is that people from other countries were invited too. Heard it's gonna be quite an event.
I don't think Yamaha would waste their time just to show them a new short track. I think they may have a a whole new line up. Same motors but new chassis.

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
Thats been the plan all along.
New chassis with a SHORT TRACK this year.
Long Track next year.

Not a surprise, this is what i have heard all along too. AT LEAST we know they are coming out with something new for the snowmobile division, even if its a trail sled. Its a bummer to have to wait, but it could be good, work some bugs out of the first model

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
omg i mite have to go buy a poo,if this is true cant beleave they would do that but it does hold true to yammi tradition, they have always released the trail sled first.

A

Ak nitro

Dec 1, 2007
Cortez Colorado
From Sled rumors.com, a 200 hp sub 500 pd mountain sled for 2015?

2014 Yamaha Snowmobiles

2014 Yamaha mountain sleds will be basically the same. The flat-lander sleds will get all the attention for model year 2014, but the 2015 Yamaha mountain snowmobiles will make a comeback. Watch for a 4-stroke, 200HP Mountain Max that weighs 500 pounds or less but be patient for another year.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
If there's no new mountain sled why is that people from other countries were invited too. Heard it's gonna be quite an event.
I don't think Yamaha would waste their time just to show them a new short track. I think they may have a a whole new line up. Same motors but new chassis.
Couldn't tell ya.
But I have been told over and over again by many different sources we are going to see a new XTX but not a MTX next month.

I could be 100% Dead Nuts Wrong, AND I HOPE I AM, but it sure doesn't look that way.

2014 gets a new XTX Chassis.

2015 gets a new MTX
(which I STRONGLY suspect will come factory boosted and fully EPA exhaust compliant)

And look for "something" to surface from the the buy in of Yamaha Corp into Arctic Cat Corp. Don't know what it will be yet, but something is going on there....

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
Hey, look at the bright side here if you can't wait for 2015.....the current XTX is a 144" track, and camoplast makes the C.E. 2.5" in a 146" version. Of course Its all speculation, but there could be potential to do a simple track swap and have a fun 146 inch "mountain sled"

Would it be a monster chute climber with a 146? no, but it could be fun....will have to wait and see

YAMA S

Lifetime Membership
May 16, 2012
W. Wa.
Us Yamaha guys can look on the bright side of things. Usually when big blue does come out with something new, we normally don't have many issues like the others.
Crap clutches/blowing belts Arctic Cat
Blowing up drive drive shaft/drive belt Polaris
Broken rear suspension Ski-doo

Personally I like the longevity and overall toughness we've always gotten!!

Premium Features