• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Pro down twice - need advice/help - Warranty??

Brutis20

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Canada
Well good fun now, I got to wait 2 weeks before next nearest dealer can look at it. Pretty much screwed my riding now for 2 months it looks like. I am losing patience with Polaris in a hurry...

D

dub

Mar 15, 2004
Moxee WA
I would tell your dealer to run it through warranty now! It's their sale and Polaris's resposibility to fix it! Stand there and make them do it. I have been waiting 3 weeks for them to build me a new motor and they pulled it out that day. They can do it.

N

n55w131

Jan 9, 2013
Ketchikan Alaska
FYI

Anytime you have your machine in the shop and they run digital wrench on it, ask them to send the very first service report to Polaris before they clear any codes. (its just one click inside DW)

What this does is append to your VIN# the reports and therefore any dealer can view them. In the future if another dealer is working on it, they can view any of the service report history. It is a way of keeping history of the machine at the Polaris level and not just the dealer.

Cheers...

Brutis20

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Canada
Update

Got sled back from the new dealer I took it to. They rebuilt the top end completely under warranty. Apparently Polaris never even questioned it and just told them its under warranty and to fix it.

I really cant say anything bad about Poalris as far as the warranty goes as they have done great both times.

Just trying to support local did not work out so well for me, but I guess live and learn. The New dealership was great and I put 100 miles breaking the sled in and its working great so far with no issues (knock on wood...).

Anyway I still dont know what was up with the original dealer but definatley something fishy, but I am back riding now and the sleds running great so back to sledding this season!

Thanks for the comments on here, help is always appreciated.

Premium Features