• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 Diamond Drive bearing?

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Anybody see a decimal around here?

Dropped it somewhere.........

J

JROD

Nov 6, 2004
Bozeman, MT
Just did mine on my '11. No machining required. Even without the gasket, the cover slid right on. Talked to BDX on the phone today and they also said, it's never been an issue with them.

H
Nov 8, 2011
saskatchewan
I talked quite a few dealers today, and read alot of forums. The gearcase is the same as it used to be on the m7, when they went to reverse gearcase they had to use a thinner bearing. When they came across the engine reverse they were still using the single wide bearing, and this is where the problems started. I have found out the bearing off the m7 is the bearing we should all be putting in and THROWING the spacer away that is in between the bearing and gear. The arctic cat part number is 1602-348 and it is a 17 by 40 mm which i believe is the same dimensions as the 5203, but i like ac parts in my ac stuff so i will be gettting the 1602-348. Sorry for the novel boys

S

scrfce

Oct 10, 2009
bc
has anybody tried the wider 3203 bearing, i was given one from my dealership to put in after having 2 failures in two seasons

GUS

Lifetime Membership
Oct 27, 2008
South Dakota
Any way you look at it....the gears have to match. It doesn't matter what number bearing or advice anyone gives you. Gears have to mesh.
Anything else will maybe work....but isn't right.

Premium Features