• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2006 M6 Fuel Leak Help

I have a small fuel leak on an M6 coming from the wiring to the fuel pump. I ordered the parts to replace everything but curious if anyone has done it before or pointers for working on it. I have attached a photo of where the drip was found. Any help is much appreciated.

27565724-4CB4-46E4-8D1A-7EACA8EDA4E8.jpeg

B
Jan 17, 2008
NorCal
Did you try to tighten the nut? That may or may not stop the leak not sure but worth a try.
And not sure on th M6 Hopefully you will just have to get to that nut and take it off after draining gas down of course. Do you have room to get a wrench on it? If so undo the nut dc the harness and pull the assembly out thru the gas cap. Hopefully they had the big gas cap ones on yours.

Last edited:
Did you try to tighten the nut? That may or may not stop the leak not sure but worth a try.
And not sure on th M6 Hopefully you will just have to get to that nut and take it off after draining gas down of course. Do you have room to get a wrench on it? If so undo the nut dc the harness and pull the assembly out thru the gas cap. Hopefully they had the big gas cap ones on yours.
Thank you for the reply. I was a little worried putting a wrench on it without knowing what it did inside the tank. I got lucky! Turns out it was just loose. Put a couple turns on the nut filled the tank back up and no drip whatsoever. Thanks again for the help.

Premium Features