• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fuel Leak 03 MC900

J
Nov 19, 2019
Have an 2003 MC 900 with fuel leaking. I have replaced the fuel lines to and from the tank and fuel pumps, both were rotten. Now I have fuel dripping from the T-fitting between the carbs when the motor is running? I looked up the part on countrycat.com (6506-127). It doesn't show any o-ring's where the fitting sits. Any ideas why this would be leaking? Tried a search on fuel leaks in the forum with no luck, hoping someone has seen this before. The Arctic Cat shop manual doesn't show any o-rings for this fitting either...

Thanks!

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
No input on the "T", but look at the rubber float bowl drain caps too. Have seen those cracked and leaking before.

J
Nov 19, 2019
Thanks guys, sounds like I’m pulling the carbs back off and disassembling at the very least. Do you think I can match the seals from a local parts store, the t-assembly is $40! O-rings are much cheaper…

J
Nov 19, 2019
I've seen pressure testing for a coolant system, but not a carb? Looking on youtube looks like you can push some air through the inlet and see if the floats seal properly, thanks again! Will pull the carbs of the sled and at least the float bowls and see how the floats are working. They looked fine when I pulled them apart and cleaned the carbs this summer, but did not realize you could test them in this manner.

J
Nov 19, 2019
Well, that didn't take as long as I thought. Pulled the carbs, took the floats bowls off and pressure checked the fuel inlet. Could see bubbles coming out each side of the t-fitting. Pulled the t-fitting and the little seals are cracked all the way round. I will probably just order the float seals too, since I have it on the bench. Thanks again!

Premium Features