• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Procedure to Test Fuel Pump?

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
Does anyone have a method to test fuel pressure on the G4 and know what the acceptable PSI range is? I'm thinking of trying to source a barbed Tee fitting that would splice into the fuel line near the filter and tapping in a gauge that way. I would like to secure it in the footwell area and be able to monitor it on the hill as iv'e had issues with these fuel pumps before that only occurred when everything was hot.

Cheers

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
The shop manual wants you to plumb into the south side of the ECU with a BRP adapter 529036411.
But...If you can access the fuel filter beside the pull handle socket, in between the ECU and fuel pump.
Ive snipped off the clips, both sides of the fuel filter and put a "T" in there to my fuel pressure gage.
Start engine, rev to 2000 rpms and should see at-least 44psi.
Shut off and the pressure should stay at 44, and say can drop one pound in a minute.
If you lose more than 1 pound, something is leaking, fuel pressure regulator maybe...I dunno.

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
Thanks Joe! That is exactly what I was thinking. Ive replaced a bunch of fuel filters on the gen 4 and 5 so the access to the fuel line there was my first thought. This sled came with a bad pump from the factory and didn't run since day 1. The dealer wasted 8 months shot gunning parts at it to no avail and I finally took it to Revy and just paid to have a real mechanic fix it in under an hour (Jessie from Full Speed we miss you!). Instead of the full pump assembly from Ski Doo he just sourced sourced the actual pump from Walbro. Anyway similar symptoms again and I think having the gauge secured on the sled so I can watch pressure once it's up to temp with some load on it is what I want to do. It's either fuel pressure related or the reeds. The turbos seem to love inhaling reeds my 2023 cracked and ate the petals at only 1,100 miles....

Premium Features