• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2006 1000 SDI plug questions

D

decarls

Nov 26, 2007
Brainerd, Mn
I just picked up a 2006 Mach Z. The sled had 2800 miles, I'm not sure last time plugs were changed.

Anyway... I got it home Saturday and it wouldn't start, pulled plugs and this is what I found. All I had here was some BR9ECS, stuck them in and it fired up.
Is this common with the SDI's? I don't know if I ever changed a plug in my 600HO MXZ or 800HO summit or my 800 PTEK summit?
This is my first fuelie Ski-Doo, hopefully this isn't all that common. Guess I have some research to do. Any advise would be helpfull.

fouled plugs.jpg

P
Oct 26, 2010
it'll happen if you don't have the 07 map in the computer,
stock mapping they are very rich and load up on idle.
you can up the idle and you should be able to keep plugs all season.

P
Oct 26, 2010
yep just go to your dealer and have them flash it to your sled, costs around $50 but takes care of a bunch of little problems.. also don't forget about the ground wire fixes, it'll save you tons of headaches in the mtns when you about to shoot your sled because it's got you stuck for the 9th time 2 hrs into the ride because it's running like crapola!

D

decarls

Nov 26, 2007
Brainerd, Mn
Thanks, I'll get the flash done. I don't ever plan to bring this heavy pig anywhere near the rocky mountains!! That's what the summit is for!

Thanks again for the help.

P
Oct 26, 2010
Ahh on the flat, you'll want the low-alt map and not the mid unless your over 6K feet. hopefully someone at the stealership knows SOMETHING:argue:

Premium Features