• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2000 SKS 700 Problems

alstar

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
North of Duluth, MN
So question for everyone. We have pulled an old snowmobile out of the shed to try and diagnose some issues. It is a 2000 SKS 700. The problem it has is when under load (not on the trail) it drops the exhaust side cylinder and just runs on one. The spark plug is wet like it is getting flooded out. The coil and stator are in good working order. Compression is fine on both sides. We are a little lost at what to try next. Could it be sending too much fuel to that side?? Anyone have any ideas or experience with something similar?

Comment

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
I've experiencing pretty much the same thing with a 99 rmk with keihin carbs. What I found is the pin that holds the float in has egged out the hole so it floods out that cylinder because the needle can't close the fuel flow off all the way when the fuel bowl is full. The sled had been sitting for a few years now because of this. Once I get all the parts rounded up I'm going to switch it over to a set of rack carbs from a edge 700 rmk.

alstar

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
North of Duluth, MN
I've experiencing pretty much the same thing with a 99 rmk with keihin carbs. What I found is the pin that holds the float in has egged out the hole so it floods out that cylinder because the needle can't close the fuel flow off all the way when the fuel bowl is full. The sled had been sitting for a few years now because of this. Once I get all the parts rounded up I'm going to switch it over to a set of rack carbs from a edge 700 rmk.
We will have to take a look at this and see if we have the same issue. Thank You

Premium Features