• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 dragon 700 over fueling

T
Jan 22, 2023
Iowa
Good morning everyone. I have a 2008 dragon 700 that seems to be over fueling. I've tested coils, stator , injectors, injector coil, fuel pressure regulator, checked reeds, power valves. Replaced tps and map sensors. Put new pistons and rings in. All testing within specs. I went on a trip to UP and on the last day it started using a mass amount of fuel and oil. Like road 60 miles burnt 3/4 tank of fuel and at least a quart of oil. Took plugs out looked down cylinders and the mag side is like washed clean. I'm at a loss any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

T
Jan 22, 2023
Iowa
Can't remember off the top of my head but I set it exactly to the service manual spec with the tps tool, and then set the idle to 1700 like the service manual said. It idles fine but mid range runs really rich and doesn't clean out until full throttle.

A
Mar 15, 2020
Alaska
Maybe you need to change your cylinder head o rings, could be coolant leak, if you take your cylinder head off, look where the spark is at, if it’s clean then maybe your o rings need to be changed as to why your bogging mid range

T
Jan 22, 2023
Iowa
So I put new injectors in and ran it about 1 mile. I pulled the plug on the side that was washing and could actually see it was coloring the top of the piston. But it was still really boggy. Took the stator off and seen it was wet and oily. I pulled the engine and put new crank seals and all gaskets. Put her back together and now it's ripping like normal!
The only thing is that when I bought it, I was told it had a new crank put in. So really don't know if I had a bad injector and it over fueled and wrecked the seals. Cause when I took it apart, I didn't see any signs of a pinched head o ring. I dunno going to do some riding and see if that fixed it or was just a bandaid. Thanks for all your ideas and in put!

Premium Features